Vic mauro the new mark byrant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Serious this guy is nothing special but he isn't a liability either he reminds of the job mark did for us but then peaked in 08. I really like some of the young forwards showing we have depth I wouldn't expect before the season

agree Cam, he has improved since 2-3  years ago. He doesn't do anything wrong, great for the squad

He was always a decent player. His inability to crack FG came down to his mentality more than anything. Even last year Mauro seemed almost reluctant to do anything more than he absolutely had to & that hurt his chances.

I'm happy he's made it as I've been a fan for a while but I can see Harrison or Robinson knocking him out of the
17 if they keep it up.

One last thought, Mauro has come
good recently. He has also started to grow the mullet back recently. Coincidence? I think not.

I don't know if he was as good as Bryant.  Bryant had a bit more mongrel and could really put some good shots on.  The job he did off the bench for us in 08 was phenomenal.  He was able to maintain the rage, so to speak, set by the starting props.  Most sides suffered a drop when they interchanged their big men, but not us.

That being said, Mauro is playing well.  I'm sure he has suprised 99% of us who really were worried when his name was read on the team sheet.  Good luck to him and hopefully he can continue the good form.

I think Mauro is doing a pretty good job. Give him another 2 years worth of experience and this guy could be anything.

I maybe wrong but I don't think I've seen Vic miss a tackle this year. Every time he makes contact, he hits hard and completes the tackle. Very good at the wrestle on the ground also. When we're at full strength, there is probably 1 bench spot left for a guy like Vic, Harrison, Robinson or Rodney.

I think he has been good when he has come on. Great defence. Local junior prop as well. I hope he makes the best of it, as i think he will only get better.

I'd be surprised to see Rodney play anymore NRL.  Retirement for him is my guess.  Our backrow depth is very good

I think that Rodney will play for us again this year, especially if he makes it back mid-season as I have heard he will. Good player & a Des style forward.

Unless he gets some catastrophic injury next year he will pick up another contract at the end of that season (Either with us or in the ESL)

Every team needs a no frills player like him, he takes the ball up and makes minimal mistakes. Once he gets his confidence and experience up he can work on an offload. Much the same as Boxhead did.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301963577[/time]

Wolfpack link said:
I think that Rodney will play for us again this year, especially if he makes it back mid-season as I have heard he will. Good player & a Des style forward.

Unless he gets some catastrophic injury next year he will pick up another contract at the end of that season (Either with us or in the ESL)

He's signed til the end of 2012.

swoop link said:
Every team needs a no frills player like him, he takes the ball up and makes minimal mistakes. Once he gets his confidence and experience up he can work on an offload. Much the same as Boxhead did.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301963577[/time]

[quote author=Wolfpack link=topic=187261.msg330640#msg330640 date=1301957812]

He's signed til the end of 2012.
[/quote]

I know that mate, it was implied in my post.

Can't see him being released from that contract early either.

DSM5 link said:
Just how many games has he played for us.  Extension?  I don't think so.

The issue is that when he's there, he's one of the best going. He just needs to drink more milk.

DSM5 link said:
Just how many games has he played for us.  Extension?  I don't think so.

I don't think so either, but a lot can happen in two seasons.

For all we know he may get another crack this year, come back & dominate. Unlikely of course, but you couldn't rule it out just yet. He is a top class backrower (It's just that he's made of paper).

Phantar link said:
Or is Mark Byrant, as in Bryant, the old Vic Muaro, as in Mauro?
get back in your box mate Fro is the only one around here allowed to point out spelling and gramatical errors :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7