Vic Mauro

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Vic is my automatic inclusion in a top 17 Manly side.

Reasons:

1. Every team requires those one or two players that does the straightening of plays with up-the-middle hit ups and the unfashionable low error non-risky plays. Manly have been missing that key ingredient in the last few weeks.

2. When a team starts to drift into errors, you'll need players like Vic to bring sanity into the team and ensure completion rates. As the old saying goes, teams cannot win without the footy by constantly turning over possession.

3. Vic is solid and built like a brick house. Oppositions do not like tackling players like Vic. With a little bit of one on one coaching, Vic can develop extra forward skills that can be incorporated into his game and make him a valuable player.

Reasons:

1. Every team requires those one or two players that does the straightening of plays with up-the-middle hit ups and the unfashionable low error non-risky plays. Manly have been missing that key ingredient in the last few weeks.

2. When a team starts to drift into errors, you'll need players like Vic to bring sanity into the team and ensure completion rates. As the old saying goes, teams cannot win without the footy by constantly turning over possession.

3. Vic is solid and built like a brick house. Oppositions do not like tackling players like Vic. With a little bit of one on one coaching, Vic can develop extra forward skills that can be incorporated into his game and make him a valuable player.

Agree. I like Vic's no nonsense approach plus he's a try scoring international :-D

Agree. I like Vic's no nonsense approach plus he's a try scoring international :-D

I applaud Vic for his effort but to be honest, he doesn't really offer us a great deal. He's not overly mobile and can get dominated when he carries the ball as he doesn't run with much momentum and his lack of mobility can cost him when we are getting over run in the middle like we have been at stages when he was playing first grade this year. He's a good clubman and is capable of giving you some good stuff but I think thats when everyone else is on their game and you're only needing him for 10-15minutes, but its when he's required to play longer than that in a team struggling a tad I think he gets found out.

As I said, love his workrate and obvious passion for the club and if I saw him out he wouldn't have to buy a drink all night, but I think even he would acknowledge his standing within the current playing list.

I applaud Vic for his effort but to be honest, he doesn't really offer us a great deal. He's not overly mobile and can get dominated when he carries the ball as he doesn't run with much momentum and his lack of mobility can cost him when we are getting over run in the middle like we have been at stages when he was playing first grade this year. He's a good clubman and is capable of giving you some good stuff but I think thats when everyone else is on their game and you're only needing him for 10-15minutes, but its when he's required to play longer than that in a team struggling a tad I think he gets found out.

As I said, love his workrate and obvious passion for the club and if I saw him out he wouldn't have to buy a drink all night, but I think even he would acknowledge his standing within the current playing list.

Grand final winner. Watching him live he seems tough to tackle. I would have him in the 17.

Grand final winner. Watching him live he seems tough to tackle. I would have him in the 17.

Ramrod said:

Reasons:

Agree

His nickname is Vic the Brick:D

Local Curly kiddie who just wants to play for Manly:angel:

I'd swap GRose for him on the bench anyday.

Ramrod said:

Reasons:

Agree

His nickname is Vic the Brick:D

Local Curly kiddie who just wants to play for Manly:angel:

I'd swap GRose for him on the bench anyday.

I think its about the balance. I like Vic in the team for many of the above points but when he is on the bench the bench looks too alike. Having rex on the bench would help and vic to start is my preffered

Vic, choc and glen in the back row
joe, george, jamie and rex on the bench gives the team an all round better impact i reckon

You cant rely on rex in the early exchanges to dig in and carry his share of the load in attack , but especially in defence. Vic is solid, and unremarkable but does the hard work. Rex against a tiring defence when the game opens up, with the injection of a few fresh pigs would serve us much better. Just my opinion

As many have said about jamie having a scoot at dummy half replacing matty b. If rex and jamie had a swap at the same time the attack could pick up

I think its about the balance. I like Vic in the team for many of the above points but when he is on the bench the bench looks too alike. Having rex on the bench would help and vic to start is my preffered

Vic, choc and glen in the back row
joe, george, jamie and rex on the bench gives the team an all round better impact i reckon

You cant rely on rex in the early exchanges to dig in and carry his share of the load in attack , but especially in defence. Vic is solid, and unremarkable but does the hard work. Rex against a tiring defence when the game opens up, with the injection of a few fresh pigs would serve us much better. Just my opinion

As many have said about jamie having a scoot at dummy half replacing matty b. If rex and jamie had a swap at the same time the attack could pick up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6