Video Analyst

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
I seem to remember that our video analyst from last year, Will Badel was off to the dogs with Des. There was an article last week about him being out of a job and a possible recruitment for parra.

Does anyone know why he didn't end up at the dogs? Why would he leave if he didn't have a job to go to?:-/

It was at the bottom of http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ray-spagnolo-backs-new-parramatta-coach-ricky-stuart-to-revive-ailing-club/story-fndujljl-1226437099660

If this turns into another anti-Doggie crusade it will go the way of the others so please keep it on topic :)

I thought he had a full time gig posting on here as Technical Coach.

Do we have a full list of the 'defectors' - those who followed De$ to the mincing poodles , and their position/role?

I think the story has worded that poorly, Badel does the Video fro NSW so i think they are implying ricky may take him from the dogs.

willstyles said:
He definitely didn't follow Des to the Dogs, I can assure you of that.

That's interesting. Thanks for your reply.

I remember reading a number of articles at the time that he was going to the dogs with the rest of them.

manlywarringah said:
I seem to remember that our video analyst from last year, Will Badel was off to the dogs with Des. There was an article last week about him being out of a job and a possible recruitment for parra.

Does anyone know why he didn't end up at the dogs? Why would he leave if he didn't have a job to go to?:-/

Probably wasn't approached by anybody once News stated, "...Since Hasler shocked the NRL by announcing his defection to the Bulldogs, Manly's recruitment manager Noel Cleal and video analyst Will Badel have signed with Canterbury," only to leave it until this years SOO series to note that, "...When Des Hasler left Manly at the end of last year, Badel and recruitment guru Noel Crusher Cleal were the first two he targeted to join him at the Bulldogs. Cleal said yes, and while Badel didn't sign on at the Dogs."

manlywarringah said:
willstyles said:
He definitely didn't follow Des to the Dogs, I can assure you of that.

That's interesting. Thanks for your reply.

I remember reading a number of articles at the time that he was going to the dogs with the rest of them.

Des wanted him. I'm not sure why he didn't take up the offer and I'm not sure why he didn't stay with Manly (I don't know this for fact but I would be very surprised if Manly hadn't offered him a deal to try and keep him), perhaps he just wanted a year off (although he did work with Sticky with NSW).

He's the best in the business so he wouldn't be short of an offer. The mail says he'll go to the Eels with Ricky next year, which makes sense because he's worked with Ricky at NSW for the past two years (and possibly with him when he was australia coach a few years back as well?).

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6