View from Jane Try - Manly v Eeews Trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
First half =
It was mainly for the younguns and newbies.

Not as cohesive in set plays and direction, as most of them may not be familiar with each other or have that bit of experience. In saying that, I thought they played alright and the scoreboard was not a true reflection of their efforts.

Only one regular NRL player was featured in the first half = Buhrer.

We didn't play too badly and I thought we were the better team even though by half time, we were behind 24-4? We lifted towards the end of the first half.

Noted newbies & younguns are:
1. Jack Littlejohn - Has class and skills. Showing the ball and got hit high for it but recovered to play very well. Kept defenders on the back-foot. He's exciting to watch. A real live wire. May not have room on the bench but will be great relief to Ballin or when we need to finish the job.
2. Mark O'Dare - This guy has speed to burn. Looks good with the carry returns.
3. Jesse Sene-Lefao - In the mould of Brent Kite. Can fill the role of another Prop. Very good performance. Always looking to get involved.
4. Jayden Hodges - quick off the mark and aggressive.
5. Ligi Sao - Another Prop that may be pushing for a spot.
6. Clinton Gutherson - skinny legs (like Stuart Davis) was good at reading in defence. Stopped two-on-one situation and prevented them from running away to score. Has the smarts.
7. Jake Trbojevic - Definite first grade material. I really like his defence and hit ups. I know they want to protect him and give him a bit of room to grow. However, he won't look out of place in first grade.

Second half =
We smashed our feeder club, the Parra Sea Eeews. The first grade boys came on and toyed with them. It's going to be another long year for them. What's the odds on the spoon this year? Might be worth a couple of bucks. Final score was 28-24, our favour.
Poor Parra fans walked out crying.

Old heads, newbies, etc.:
1. Choc was very good as usual. Had a wardrobe malfunction and had his shorts replaced on the field, drawing wolf-whistles from ...(hopefully not guys).
2. Snake - brilliant cover defence that stopped a try. I was thinking, let the other fella score because it's not worth risking injury as it's only a trial.
3. Taufua - awesome support and scored two. Almost scored a third but twisting around to ground the ball (and dropped) resulted in a popped shoulder?? He may be sidelined for a bit. Shame.
4. Justin Horo - Not sure with Justin but he dropped off a bit towards the last quarter of 2013. In this trial, he was OK but has not showed the form he had in last year's first three-quarters of the season. Early days?
5. Josh Starling - Looks like we have another Prop to start. I'd keep Kingy on the bench to ensure he can slowly ease back in and have Starling start.
6. Dunamis Lui - Another strong Prop and a couple of good runs.
7. Tony Satini - Good fast runs. Not sure if he was getting caught in defence? Can't see his side of the field.
8. Hiku - This guy is all class. I would want him in the 17. Nothing seems to faze him. Always like a smiling assassin.
9. DCE - Kicking two goals from the sidelines. What's going on? Has he been training his goal kicking? :)
10. Cheyse Blair - Quiet game?
11. Gifty = Thought he had a good solid game. Should be firing this season if healthy. Gifty and Choc = Two best second rowers in the game makes our pack the envy of others.

Props = It seems we don't need to buy new props. We already have some ready to go here. Starling, Lui, Hasson, Sao, Sene-Lafao, Trbojevic, Lawrence and King.

Injuries = Wingers Wolfie and Taufua. Replacements can be Gutherson and Hiku. Not too concerned here. Lots of fillers.

Still to come back = Killer, Skivvy, Kingy and Wolfie did not play. Just as well or Parra would have been annihilated.

BRING BACK Beaver for inspiration and experience!

On all accounts, we should have a good season. Go Manly!!

What was really confusing, was that Starlo looks exactly like BJ from the stands and he wore 8 and BJ (who was in 8 all last year) wore 10.

There was no screen and the Program had 35 Players listed to boot.

Their shape and running style is so similar, that I think we have the starting bookends :) Both just charged at the line - but then again, the whole Team was so fast, its hard to describe.

The rest really sharpened up too Gifty, Choc and Horo. Some of the hits where Gifty and Choc paired up were psycho good :p

Whilst Foz, who seemed to be centre field alot, looks lighter and faster.
His passing is sublime.

Chez amazes me with his ever unfolding skills. So calm and controlling, definitely made in the Killer mold:angel:

Hiku is just part of the core group, he needs to be on the bench to cover all the backline. Seems to have grown a few inches, so even second row would not be a stretch.

Props will probably be BJ, Starlo, Hasson, Lui then Jesse - Kingy sounds like he is still getting over the shoulder injury.

Bones put this on FB last night
1911743_10151896052167105_454870721_n.jpg

Jayden Hodges will see a lot of First Grade off the bench.
Really liked what I saw from him.

Starling & Lui to be part of the prop rotation for sure.

Glen Stewart was huge on the RHS. Both defence and attack.

Pity about Jorge and wolf, scored half our tries between them last year.

Thanks for the reports guys, much appreciated.

Ramrod said:
First half =
It was mainly for the younguns and newbies.

Not as cohesive in set plays and direction, as most of them may not be familiar with each other or have that bit of experience. In saying that, I thought they played alright and the scoreboard was not a true reflection of their efforts.

Only one regular NRL player was featured in the first half = Buhrer.

We didn't play too badly and I thought we were the better team even though by half time, we were behind 24-4? We lifted towards the end of the first half.

Noted newbies & younguns are:
1. Jack Littlejohn - Has class and skills. Showing the ball and got hit high for it but recovered to play very well. Kept defenders on the back-foot. He's exciting to watch. A real live wire. May not have room on the bench but will be great relief to Ballin or when we need to finish the job.
2. Mark O'Dare - This guy has speed to burn. Looks good with the carry returns.
3. Jesse Sene-Lefao - In the mould of Brent Kite. Can fill the role of another Prop. Very good performance. Always looking to get involved.
4. Jayden Hodges - quick off the mark and aggressive.
5. Ligi Sao - Another Prop that may be pushing for a spot.
6. Clinton Gutherson - skinny legs (like Stuart Davis) was good at reading in defence. Stopped two-on-one situation and prevented them from running away to score. Has the smarts.
7. Jake Trbojevic - Definite first grade material. I really like his defence and hit ups. I know they want to protect him and give him a bit of room to grow. However, he won't look out of place in first grade.

Second half =
We smashed our feeder club, the Parra Sea Eeews. The first grade boys came on and toyed with them. It's going to be another long year for them. What's the odds on the spoon this year? Might be worth a couple of bucks. Final score was 28-24, our favour.
Poor Parra fans walked out crying.

Old heads, newbies, etc.:
1. Choc was very good as usual. Had a wardrobe malfunction and had his shorts replaced on the field, drawing wolf-whistles from ...(hopefully not guys).
2. Snake - brilliant cover defence that stopped a try. I was thinking, let the other fella score because it's not worth risking injury as it's only a trial.
3. Taufua - awesome support and scored two. Almost scored a third but twisting around to ground the ball (and dropped) resulted in a popped shoulder?? He may be sidelined for a bit. Shame.
4. Justin Horo - Not sure with Justin but he dropped off a bit towards the last quarter of 2013. In this trial, he was OK but has not showed the form he had in last year's first three-quarters of the season. Early days?
5. Josh Starling - Looks like we have another Prop to start. I'd keep Kingy on the bench to ensure he can slowly ease back in and have Starling start.
6. Dunamis Lui - Another strong Prop and a couple of good runs.
7. Tony Satini - Good fast runs. Not sure if he was getting caught in defence? Can't see his side of the field.
8. Hiku - This guy is all class. I would want him in the 17. Nothing seems to faze him. Always like a smiling assassin.
9. DCE - Kicking two goals from the sidelines. What's going on? Has he been training his goal kicking? :)
10. Cheyse Blair - Quiet game?
11. Gifty = Thought he had a good solid game. Should be firing this season if healthy. Gifty and Choc = Two best second rowers in the game makes our pack the envy of others.

Props = It seems we don't need to buy new props. We already have some ready to go here. Starling, Lui, Hasson, Sao, Sene-Lafao, Trbojevic, Lawrence and King.

Injuries = Wingers Wolfie and Taufua. Replacements can be Gutherson and Hiku. Not too concerned here. Lots of fillers.

Still to come back = Killer, Skivvy, Kingy and Wolfie did not play. Just as well or Parra would have been annihilated.

BRING BACK Beaver for inspiration and experience!

On all accounts, we should have a good season. Go Manly!!
Lovely night for footy, not too hot or cold its a shame there is no atmosphere with the music, reading the players names out from the 20s and 1sts, compared to the away games and even the food is better. Anyway I enjoyed watching the 1sts and I agree with pretty much what has been said with their Trials. There is concern with the injuries however happening with their outside backs and so early into the season, hopefully everyone is back on the paddock shortly. I want to whinge about the 20s.
The Coach needs to go for a start, this is his second year at Manly and I am not liking what I am seeing and its nothing personal but they have boys who do not pass the ball out, Manly's Pearsall ( five eighth ) who kicks the ball at times on the 3rd which is giving the ball straight to the hands of the Parramatta team, he did the same last year as well, instead of just passing , our boys do not move up quick in defence. We have fast backs but they never get the ball, which will help in scoring tries for the team. Speedster Charlie Taylor scored a beautiful try in the corner but was disallowed ( don't tell me this is the start of ****ty Refs ! ) he tackled his heart out continuously all night and no tries were scored down his side of the field and kept Big Boy former Manly player Fabian Goodall quiet, but Taylor rarely gets the ball passed to him outwide and is only playing to half of his capabilities of not running and scoring, what a waste. Liam Knight did a huge hit on another former Manly player Joey Lussick welcoming him back to Brooky and was lucky he was not put on report, the 2 props in Mirceski and Feiloakitua played well, Tom Trbojevic missed a few tackles which led to tries but did score. There was also a alleged Biting Incident on Manly's second rower Parker which the Refs had a Parramatta player on report for.
Unless Manly start passing the ball outwide instead of keeping it in the middle the whole time, they will not perform well, they have players who hog the ball and don't pass, this need to be addressed from the Coaching Staff, if they can't pass drop them as they are not playing as a team. These observations has been noticed on going with this team for a while. The halves in the team lack skill and confidence and are not up to this level of competition.
Nice to see though Manly 20s players
Stigg, Feiloakitua, Pearsall ??? On the bench for the 1sts trial, It would have been nice to see Taylor get on the field and have a run under better players as he is being wasted in the 20s.

HappilyManly said:
What was really confusing, was that Starlo looks exactly like BJ from the stands and he wore 8 and BJ (who was in 8 all last year) wore 10.

There was no screen and the Program had 35 Players listed to boot.

Their shape and running style is so similar, that I think we have the starting bookends :) Both just charged at the line - but then again, the whole Team was so fast, its hard to describe.

The rest really sharpened up too Gifty, Choc and Horo. Some of the hits where Gifty and Choc paired up were psycho good :p

Whilst Foz, who seemed to be centre field alot, looks lighter and faster.
His passing is sublime.

Chez amazes me with his ever unfolding skills. So calm and controlling, definitely made in the Killer mold:angel:

Hiku is just part of the core group, he needs to be on the bench to cover all the backline. Seems to have grown a few inches, so even second row would not be a stretch.

Props will probably be BJ, Starlo, Hasson, Lui then Jesse - Kingy sounds like he is still getting over the shoulder injury.
You will find Trbojevic will be the regular prop this season. I would have he and Lawrence as my 2 props, plenty of pace with these 2 upfront.

Trbojevic may be young but he is one strong and tough mother . If they dont give him a go in the top side this year they wont be protecting him they will be protecting the opposition

I'm amazed by the tele / nrl take on the game - focusing on hoppa and giving eels fans hope.

The tiny highlights reel on the news.com.au sports site shows Jorge score a try and Jorge score another (disallowed) when he gets injured. Both times there is no opposition centre there in defence - i.e. W. Hopoate is missing.

Am I right in saying all our 2nd half tries came down the parra right side? And we had a couple disallowed down that side too?

This would suggest Will needs a lot of work to get up to speed.

Also pitting Fui against our 20 year olds in the 1st half doesn't really indicate that Parra are a force to be reckoned with.

Yes - Hoppa's side let in 2 plus Jorge and Gutho had disallowed tries in the same spot - as Cecchin is an idiot or cross-eyed or an idiot :mad:

Will, will go well at Parra as the bar is low. He has the talent, but needs to get his reflexes/match fitness back to 2011.

Shyte.

Do you know what this means, we've won our first trial in 10 years.

2V said as much the other week.

I hope we don't make a habit of it.

I'm a bit superstitious. We usually go well when we don't win trials.

Daddycool08 said:
Shyte.

Do you know what this means, we've won our first trial in 10 years.

2V said as much the other week.

I hope we don't make a habit of it.

I'm a bit superstitious. We usually go well when we don't win trials.

That'a ok this trial didn't count because you just can't help but beat Parra. It's as certain as the Rorters breaking the salary cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-XAOXdoluA&feature=youtu.be

2:29 is when the real Manly Team appear

Highlights of the trial - you will never see Snake drop a sitter like that :p

BOZO said:
Trbojevic may be young but he is one strong and tough mother . If they dont give him a go in the top side this year they wont be protecting him they will be protecting the opposition

I am hearing from the Top he will be playing.

Hey @"Eagle Rock" with all your connections at the club what is the word on King's availability for R1, also an update on Jorge's injury please :D

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7