VNRL Teams (round 2)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"I never doubted the boys for a second" were the confident words used by coach Homer Jay of the Dazzling Pigeons to describe his teams first up 36 to nil victory over the Drunken Monkeys. "when the opposition play like intoxicated primates you expect to win, frankly I think the scoreline flattered them" he added.

With no injury concerns coach Jay has named an unchanged side(except fullback Foley has been punted for new buy Wade Mckinnon) for the round 2 clash against the Prahran Pyromaniacs at your mums house

1 Wade Mckinnon
2 Jason Moody
3 Ben Smith
4 Nigel Vagana
5 Wes Naiqama
6 Sione Faumina
7 James Aubusson
8 Steve Prce (c)
9 Tony Caine
10 Ruben Wiki
11 Michael Luck
12 Luke Swain
13 Luke Bailey

14 Keith Lulia
15 Clint Halden
16 Shane Rigon
17 Bronson Harrison

When quizzed about his teams chances in their 1st away game of the season coach Jay stated "Whenever my teams been at your mums house before we have allways done the business and I see no reason why this cant continue this weekend"

Coach Nutzcraw Makes some changes

Burpengary Boozehounds coach Nutzcraw has made a slight change to the side from last weeks 8 point win over the Pie Throwers. "Yeah, look we've replaced James Stosic up the front and put "charlie" webb up there this week and we've brought young Junior Moors into the backrow." When asked about if he bought about these changes because The Friday On My Mind Sloths had good go forward up front. Coach Nutzcraw simply replied with "What sort of name is that anyway?" So, with 6 players still unavailable through injury this is the side named for the Round 2 clash.

01. Marshall Chalk
02. Jake Webster
03. Matt King (c)
04. Timana Tahu
05. Jake Webster
06. Benji Marshall
07. Grant Rovelli
08. Bryce Gibbs
09. George Gatis
10. Carl Webb
11. Simon Mannering
12. Junior Moors
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Fraser Anderson
15. William Zillman
16. Scott Logan
17. Paul Aiton

Williams and Friend to Debut for Dancers

Dancers coach Disco-Stu has made two changes to his side ahead of this weekends clash at Frenchs Forest.
Rookie Richard Williams forces his way into the squad after a strong performance in premier league, whilst Nathan friend replaces Logan Swann on the bench. Disco-Stu had this to say "look that Kenny-Dowell kid played like a b*sted *ss, he can go back to PL and have a good hard look at himself".
Elaborating more on the side Stu said " i was happy with the team last week, Smith had a blinder and the halves were excellent, but i'll be looking for my forwards to step up, now Matty has a bit of an ankle concern so Jeremy Smith will travel with the squad)"
When quizzed his sydes chances against Ryan Ryan Stu stated "haha mate its gonna be embarrising for them"

Dancers side is

1.Reddy
2.Tuaki
3.Bell
4.Moon
5.Micheals
6.Holdsworth
7.Orford
8.Asotasi
9.Smith
10.Ross
11.Hoffman
12.Newton
13.Eastwood

14.R Williams
15.Pomeroy
16.White
17.Friend
18.J Smith

The Queensland Pirates have announced a relatively unchanged line-up with just the one addition to the squad for their second round match up with the Grim Reapers at The Infernal Realm. With Shane Tronc being cut from the side, Michael Monaghan is being moved to the bench and Matt Hilder is coming out of reserves to fill the hooking position.

After taking their first round match in style coach fLIP said he doesn't want the team to get too far ahead of themselves. "I've had a word with the boys, I don't want them to get too far ahead of themselves. You gotta take each week as it comes and think no further than the next game; and that all we're doing. We've played tougher opposition than the Reapers before but that's not saying it won't be a hard game... but we'll be ready for whatever they throw at us."

The side to take on the Reapers this weekend is:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Luke Covell (k)
3. Israel Folau
4. Brent Tate
5. Jaryd Hayne
6. Adam Dykes
7. Cooper Cronk (c)
8. Brent Kite
9. Matt Hilder
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Anthony Tupou
12. Greg Bird
13. Daniel Wagon

14. Jarrod Mullen
15. Joel Monaghan
16. Michael Monaghan
17. Justin Smith

How I am not coming last is beyond me !!! Thank Christ I have a REAL VRL team that is coming 1st !!!
Oh yeah - I've dumped Fitzgibbon, and have bought Rogers.

1. Mat Rogers
2. Colin Best
3. Todd Polglase
4. Germaine Paulson
5. Michael Crockett
6. Dallas McIlwain
7. Brett Seymour
13. Ben Rogers
12. Manase Manuokafoa
11. Matthew Cross
10. Aaron Cannings
9. Daniel Irvine Hooker
8. Dane Tilse

14. David Milne
15. Not Selected
16. Scott Geddes
17. Richard Faaoso

I would expect another pasting. If in fact I beat Disco - he should hang his head in thorough shame.

Rhino, I gave all my players away and havent selected a full squad. You have no chance of beating me out of last place!!

Coach Fluffy says that there will be no changes to the squad this week after the club had spent all its money upgrading the lights leaving nothing to pay the bill for the statistics from last week. Due to PL playing away he is unaware of how the players faired and is not willing to risk bringing up untried players such is the brookvale tradition.Checking the media reports from VRL both Mark Gasnier and Brett Stewart are free from injury and will be availble to play this week however a strong game from Peter Wallace seems him keep his spot. Coach Fluffy was impressed saying "Young Pete has his finger in everything" and was very impressed. Wallace, who was seen leaving with a cheerleader in each arm said "im happy with my coaches reaction and and want to give more of the same this week. I hope to play hard and push deep into the opposition territory".

Friday on my minds Sloths team for round 2:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Trent Cutler
3. Luke MacDougall
4. Ashley Graham
5. Neil Sweeney
6. Peter Wallace
7. Todd Carney l
13. Todd Lowrie
12. Kris Kahler
11. Matt Bickerstaff
10. Reece Williams
9. Corey Hughes
8. Craig Stapleton
14. James McManus
15. Beau Scott
16. Chris Beattie
17. Ben Galea

****Pyros Burn off Dead Wood****

Prahran Pyros coach Samuel L Jackson has cut some under-performing players from his squad in an effort to continue the winning form in the Pyros camp. Speaking prior to boarding the plane home after last week's game, an angry Jackson made the tough decision to cut players, or "snakes", as he referred to them.

"Get those mother-farking snakes off the mother-farking plane!!!!" he demanded.

After liking the look of Craig Fitzgibbon, the Pyros have done a straight swap with Mat Rogers.

"At least this goalkicker might actually be selected as his team's kicker" coach Jackson said.

Jason King stands down after a strong performance, having proven a point to whining silvertails commentators with a strong try scoring showing.

Meanwhile coach Jackson appeared unconcerned about Steve Menzies being out injured for this week's home game at your mum's house.

"There will be plenty of pulled groins and beaver at your mum's house this week, whether Steve Menzies is there or not" he said.

Pyros squad

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Eric Grothe
3. Matt Cooper
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matthew Utai
6. Ben Hornby
7. Craig Gower
13. Braith Anasta
12. Andrew Ryan
11. Craig Fitzgibbon
10. Steve Simpson
9. Danny Buderus (c)
8. Joel Clinton

14. Wade McKinnon
15. Brett Kimmorley
16. Sam Thaiday
17. Craig Wing

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Darren Lockyer and Andrew Johns have been added to the growing list of injured stars out for the Reapers. Matt Geyer has been handed the captaincy, Paul Bowman and George Carmont get a run after missing out last week.

The loss of Johns and his goalkicking early on in the game last week almost certainly cost the Reapers 2 competition points.

Coach Bender has not been at training all week, when contacted he said "being a coach isn't easy, if you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket, and that's what I am doing this week".

Johns and Lockyer join Nathan Hindmarsh, Amos Roberts, Paul Gallen and Ty Williams on the sidelines.

1. Matthew Bowen
2. Matt Geyer (c)
3. Dean Collis
4. Paul Whatuira
5. Sam Perrett
6. Kurt Gidley (gk)
7. Ben Roberts
13. Paul Bowman
12. Ian Hindmarsh
11. Lance Thompson
10. Matthew Scott
9. Terrence Seu Seu