VOTE FOR JOE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Galuvao-finalist-for-Favourite-Son/56051

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles forward Joe Galuvao has been named as a finalist for Women In League's annual Favourite Son Award.

Galuvao was today announced as one of 10 finalists from across the NRL along with Braith Anasta (Roosters), Luke Lewis (Panthers), Terry Campese (Raiders), Kurt Gidley (Knights), Matt Bowen (Cowboys), Luke Bailey (Titans), Manu Vatuvei (Warriors), Ben Creagh (Dragons) and Luke Burt (Eels).

"I'm very humbled to have been nominated," Galuvao said.

"The Women in League are a huge part of our game. They highlight the fact that what you do off the field is just as important as what you do on it."

The Favourite Son Award is presented to a player who acts as a role model to younger players and whose off-field characteristics embody the true values of the Rugby League community.

Joe's level-headed, committed approach sets an example for his teammates on the field but he also works tirelessly within the community, mentoring young musicians through the Mindfield project, playing a leadership role to Pacific Island players and making visits to Randwick Children's Hospital.

Having played in grand finals with three different clubs Joe has a wealth of rugby league experience, which his willing to share with young players and fans alike.

He's not one to brag about his contributions but this doting father always has a cheesy smile and some inspirational advice on hand, as his twitter followers would know! (Follow Joe @joegee8)

"I believe you reap what you sow," he said.

"In the end I just try to be a good guy but if my experience can help benefit someone else, that's very satisfying to me."

So cast your vote for Joe below, or online via www.rloc.com.au, and help him become your Favourite Son.

Voting closes on June 15, with the winner to be announced at the 2012 Harvey Norman Women In League Round Sydney Lunch on June 19.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Galuvao-finalist-for-Favourite-Son/56051

Direct link:

http://www.rloc.com.au/default.aspx?s=fav-son-nom

00028625-leadimage.jpg

voted twice Shhhh

Nightmare to vote on my iPhone due to the keypad continually disappearing on the voting page but eventually got it done. Go Joe!!

This competition is for what players do OFF THE FIELD. Therefore, i voted for Terry Campese because he is off the field more than anyone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4