Wake up to yourselves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Triple A

I dont understannd how some of our clubs "Finest and most loyal" supporters can sit here and bad mouth Des by saying "Sack him now" and "Des is a Dog" excuse the pun.

First of all if you open your eyes and ears you should know by now that Des has been a GOD for this club for the past 8 years. So in my opinion he is entitled to do whatever he wants. 2 premierships in 3 appearances. Every single finals series bar one of his coaching years. Sticking up for the club by fronting the media about every single issue concerning manly. And some of you are asking for his head because what really happened, the club had 18 months to tie him up but couldnt align there thoughts with Des' future outlook, thats just ridiculous.

No one will EVER no the extent to what was said at the time of the interactions between Des and the board. All I know is that I cant blame Des for wanting to leave a club who after 8 years and 2 premierships still wont give Des want he wants. That smells like a selfish and greedy along with a Power-tripping board who have nothing better to do than to ensure whatever they say goes. Even at the expense of our Greatest coach ever.

Toovey has been there since day 1. As a lower grade coach, as Des' assistant, as a water runner. He has been as much influential as Des has been over the past 8 years. I am 100% sure the players will respect him as a coach. They arent stupid, they know whats going on. If some of them want to leave then so be it. They dont deserve to Don our colours just because they liked being coached by a particular coach. The coach coaches for the club and the players. The players play for the club first and then the coach.

Like Ken Arthuson said, "Manly is a resilient old club," Arthurson said. "We have been through tough times before. We have been on our knees but have always been able to stand up and get back on top again. This club has always bounced back." And he couldnt be more on the money.

We are Manly. We will make it through this.

Mate I don't agree with those that are running Des down but at the end of the day he has made a decision to go to another club.

The Club now has too look after it's own interests, and if that means Des goes sooner rather than later than so be it.

I can't see Des's relationship with the club getting anything but worse from here on in, so he may have to go.

Hopefully there won't be much friction after the new board is elected in February, so Des will be able to get on with the job.

Lol. Finally a wake up to yourselves thread. Why has it taken so long ? The correct terminology is "true supporter" by the way.

I think the reason this thread took so long to surface was because we were all hurt, dismayed, shocked or even some of us might have felt something akin to a death in the family when Des said he was going.

Des has been Manly through and through. He got his start with Manly was a successful player and is a successful coach. (He wasn't going anywhere at Penrith.)

We all needed to vent and vent we did.

It is now time to look to the future and let Des have his last year at Manly hopefully with another premiership under his belt.

As I have posted a other threads - let those who don't want to be here go, let those who want to stay here stay.

Just remember a word of caution to those who would like to go - the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. It only appears that way soemtimes.

I wish Des all the best in 2013 and hope his decision to go is not later regretted by him with hindsight.

eagle-rock08 said:
I think the reason this thread took so long to surface was because we were all hurt, dismayed, shocked or even some of us might have felt something akin to a death in the family when Des said he was going.

Des has been Manly through and through. He got his start with Manly was a successful player and is a successful coach. (He wasn't going anywhere at Penrith.)

We all needed to vent and vent we did.

It is now time to look to the future and let Des have his last year at Manly hopefully with another premiership under his belt.

As I have posted a other threads - let those who don't want to be here go, let those who want to stay here stay.

Just remember a word of caution to those who would like to go - the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. It only appears that way soemtimes.

I wish Des all the best in 2013 and hope his decision to go is not later regretted by him with hindsight.

Good post er08

We know that Des is a real professional so in 2012 will put everything into making the season thoroughly successful.

Hopefully as others have hinted, things might change over the next months on the footbal club and the board side of things.

I think Dessy has done a wonderful job and that is my thought, in my mind, now and in 20 yrs time.

The trouble is we make up our opinions (me included of course) with half truths, half lies and rubbish.

I say well done Dessy and thank you .. but in this situation and the information I have .. he should move on now.

It is possible with all the known division (we all now that is to be true) next year could turn out to be terrible even if Dessy does the best job he can. Better to have a slowish year next and build again.. we have such a good playing roster.

southsideeagle said:
I think Dessy has done a wonderful job and that is my thought, in my mind, now and in 20 yrs time.

The trouble is we make up our opinions (me included of course) with half truths, half lies and rubbish.

I say well done Dessy and thank you .. but in this situation and the information I have .. he should move on now.

It is possible with all the known division (we all now that is to be true) next year could turn out to be terrible even if Dessy does the best job he can. Better to have a slowish year next and build again.. we have such a good playing roster.
Yes, I think that's the problem Southsideeagle we're getting misinformation and no information. Hopefully the situation will be clearer in weeks to come.

He can go to another club I respect that, but if try's to dismantle the club taking the coaching staff I will lose my respect for him. He came back into the club with it in ruins and built it up. Hats off to him. I am sure he wants to leave it in healthy condition than how he found it

I won't be saying any nasty anit-Des sentiments at all....never.

But the early advice that Des is departing gives manly a chance to not go through all of next year with a coach who a) doesn't want to be at Manly anymore and b) keep the likes of Geoff Toovey waiting for another year.

As the SMH reported today; "Historically, arrangements in which coaches announce their movements early rarely work and there are concerns that both clubs will be in limbo next season""

We need to urgently;

1) Appoint a keen Toovey into the role for 2012.
2) Have the 5 players with Des clauses sign the get-out-if-Des-goes amendments over to Tooves (its fair to say that all the players would feel pretty loyal to Toovey as well as Des)

Getting the above done quickly will re-stabilise the club and we may be able to do the back to back

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6