Wanted: stadiums fit for both fans and sponsors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
You take the 30-minute journey from Central Station on a train that, admittedly, is so filthy that your shoes stick to the floor. Still, a pleasant alternative to the transport options around Moore Park where spectators who watched the New Year's cricket Test are still trying to get out of the car park.

Read the full article

So they want more cash and hand outs for a stadium that is better than most in the NRL.... where is manlys < inappropriate language which contravenes the Silvertails T&C deleted by Moderator > hand outs and cash???

Does not mention how long does it take to get to Central? - 1 Hour from DY in traffic.
Train is 45 minutes to Parramatta not 30.
Walk is 30 minutes to Stadium not 20. Some Stadium buses are available if you want to queue for 30 minutes.

Train is filthy is the only correct statement.

Repeat the Journey home = 4 hours minimum.
Can't be done on a Friday or Monday night by Families at all.

Redundant newspiece as the West have plenty of Tax Payer Funded Stadiums already.

There are no Stadiums north of the Harbour/Parramatta River at all!
Please explain :mad:

It's a shame Chatswood Oval doesn't have more land area. This would be a great location for a north of the harbour rectangle stadium. Train station right on the door step -> Manly, the Waratahs & Sydney FC could all play games there.

Fluffy said:
Parramatta stadium is north of the river

Doesn't count as it is on the river bank and the City is officially West.

St Leonards Park at North Sydney could be redeveloped (North Sydney Oval). The walk from North Sydney or St Leonards Train station is comperable to Parramatta.
But the locals would never support it.

How is a 30min (a travel time you wouldn't get even on the best of days) on a train easier than the 10min walk from Central to Moore Park? Too lazy to walk up Foveux St.? catch one of the buses that run from Central to the SFS.

Parramatta Stadium is terrible in every aspect. They can't even put the big screen in a position where the people in the ground can see it. There is an upgrade for it planned (apparently) but that won't be happening for some time & even when it does happen, I can't see how it will be better than the SFS.

The little paragraph on Tigers supporters made me laugh as well. Apparently Tigers fans are hipsters (blatantly untrue) who have never been to Parramatta before in the lives.

Mals said:
It's a shame Chatswood Oval doesn't have more land area. This would be a great location for a north of the harbour rectangle stadium. Train station right on the door step -> Manly, the Waratahs & Sydney FC could all play games there.

Good thought. There would be no parking, but the train and bus interchange is just one minute's walk away.

Rat Park would be the best place for one here on the beaches. L90/L88 runs straight past the ground, it needs to be rebuilt anyways, there is massive space to build it. Rats, Marlins, Manly and possibly Sydney FC and the Waratahs can play there, not to mention Junior clubs and A - Grade Clubs.

I love Brookie but if we are to get the upgrade we deserve, there is no room for this upgrade at the current site. There is room at Rat park for that, plus a multi-storey carpark, new leagues club and the buses stop right in front, not a Kilometer away either side of it.

Jono said:
Rat Park would be the best place for one here on the beaches. L90/L88 runs straight past the ground, it needs to be rebuilt anyways, there is massive space to build it. Rats, Marlins, Manly and possibly Sydney FC and the Waratahs can play there, not to mention Junior clubs and A - Grade Clubs.

I love Brookie but if we are to get the upgrade we deserve, there is no room for this upgrade at the current site. There is room at Rat park for that, plus a multi-storey carpark, new leagues club and the buses stop right in front, not a Kilometer away either side of it.
But almost certainly no desire on the part of Pittwater Council, or the local residents, for such a move.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6