Warning: Football Tread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
OK time for a football thread for a change.
I am thinking about the Backrow rotation in 2012. #13 Gift #12 T-rex #11 Choc. Gift and Choc play 80mins Trex could be playing 80mins IMO so do you think we run with 3 props on our bench and Buhrer (- King and Kite as starting props-George, Big Joe, + one more on the bench)? The other option is to go for a mobile bench like the NSW SOO did.
Thoughts.

Given his size, can T-Rex ever be an 80 minute player? I'd like to think Mauro, Robinson and Harrison cna get a look in.

Darcy Army as well DSM5, I just think it would be great to have 3 X 80min backrow, would give us so many options and always have fresh front row thus more mobile anyhow.

NO Rodney next year, and Choc Gift and Trex could all be out for the rep games on current form, so the dynamic has changed a little. Its not fixing wot aint broke its finetuning wots winning.

manlyfan76 said:
NO Rodney next year, and Choc Gift and Trex could all be out for the rep games on current form, so the dynamic has changed a little. Its not fixing wot aint broke its finetuning wots winning.

You are right, given their form we could lose those three to SOO, is Trex a blue or maroon?

T-Rex is a blue, but the blues have so many good back rowers already. We really need decent halves.... I Digress though.

Jonesyv2 said:
T-Rex is a blue, but the blues have so many good back rowers already. We really need decent halves.... I Digress though.

Sorry dont mean to talk of topic but the blues should fit him in somewhere, we need all the help we can get....

There looks to be competition which is good but I can sense a Smokey with this new backrower. To be honest have not seen him 1st hand but have good contacts from Ipswich who rate him as massive potential. We all know that average players who go to Manly lift a couple of gears & with the wraps I have heard -a ball playing backrower who can break the line I expect him to push for a bench spot. Has to earn it of course, there are other players who have done nothing wrong & will rightfully get 1st shot.

Its amazing seeing the side posted previously. After that, theres robinson, harrison, mauro and then these unkown commodities. The impending retirement of Joe G and in a few years, Kite and King, it seems a few of these youngsters will be given their chance, but just need to bide their time.

Personally, i see T rex as an impact player. Id be starting with Joe G in his place, bring him on after 20 to give the side a lift. From there, he can play out the game, or later come off to give buhrer a run. I do however think we'll see more of buhrer in at hooker next year. The off the cuff remarks from Zorba have previously come to fruition about the future of players.

Having 2 players that play 80min of quality week in week out, gives us a huge plus over most teams who (a) don't have a backrow as powerful or skillful or (b) a backrow that needs to be rotate like props.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Ben Farrar
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly-Cherry Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Joe Galuvao

I think T-Rex can play 80 minutes. He did it twice late in the season, and they were his best games imo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7