Warren Ryan on ABC radio and Ryan Tandy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
G'day all, I'm back from my holiday from Dubbo and Bathurst, was listening to the radio in the car this evening on the way back and I heard them discussing something about penalties and suspensions relating to Grand Finals. He was saying something about the system of carry over points and that Cameron Smith should have taken an early suspension plea so that he could make it to the Grand Final. He then went on to say that Manly could prance about this but the 08 Grand Final was a flop and that Manly was playing against a leaderless and directionless team. Errrghhh....I hate Warren Ryan a lot but this latest comment was just downright insulting. How he can ever be called a journalist is beyond me. Someone should write a letter to ABC radio and complain about this clown.

Also on another note I read on Rugby League Weekly that Ryan Tandy has been linked to us? This sounds a bit...far-fetched to me, but still I seriously doubt we'd want to have anything to do with this Merc.

I think they were leaderless and directionless; which goes to show (despite their other brilliant individual players) that the other guys in this over paid team really did rely upon one main guy... that no one could take over the mantle of leading.
However, hearing comments like that from commentators does take away from our glory. Mind you, Warren Ryan has jumped right no board the sea eagle train this year.
(I'll be in Dubbo on monday night, eelcatcher.)

Put in perspective eelcatcher Cameron Smith had the decency to say they still would have lost the 2008 Grand final against us had he been playing (maybe by not as much)

Warren has taken a few too many knocks to the head.

Purple scum could have had cameron smith or cameron diaz as their hooker ho.

We were on a roll late in 2008, leica runnaway train - there was no stopping us.

So what is Ryan's argument? Let important playmakers play in the big games so they are not so one-sided, even if they happen to have endangered someone's life and limb with disgusting grapple tackles? Yeah good argument Warren, we all like a close game.

Idiot.

Ian Martin tragic said:
They were cheating bigtime anyway so factor that into your hypothetical wazza.

The fact they had Smith and Hoffman on the bench means they would have been a legal team then

One player doesn't change 40-0.

Warren Ryan is another dinosaur that needs to move on for the good of the game. His anti-Manly bias in particular is painfully obvious, even to non-Manly supporters. If you cant do your job properly than move aside & let a competent person take over.

Warren Ryan the bitter old **** the lost the unlosable grand final in 89.

He will be forever remembered as the man who deprived the likes of roach, elias, pearce, sirro and jack a premiership. The moment he replace roach and sirro Canberra never looked like losing. Old hack.
40 nil and the cheated

Warren Ryan's one of those blokes that the girls at school used to take behind the ****house and bash fcuk out off

Warren has pickled his brain long ago. Too many schooners for poor old Wok.

It is highly amusing to read the suggestion that the Storm without Smith was leaderless and directionless. Smith is a top player but what is Cooper Cronk, a ham sandwich? Apart from the two blokes who replaced Smith & Hoffman, every other member of their grand final 17 was a Test or State of Origin player. They had a rough idea how to play the game. They actually got to the grand final - without Smith - by managing a narrow win against Cronulla (28-nil).

The simple fact is, despite the Cronulla win, they were simply not good enough in the finals that year – with or without Smith. With him they were beaten at home by NZ, and then were very fortunate to sneak a last minute win against Brisbane.

Ryan really should try to think of better examples of why thugs should be allowed to play in the biggest games. All he is doing is making himself sound more like an imbecile by attempting to demean the greatest grand final victory in history.

Can't he be pensioned off please?

DSM5 said:
Ryan Tandy would be a good purchase. He'd be cheap and a good bench player.
Definitely should be snapped up by one of the clubs sponsored by Centrebet ... (probably not us though!)

cheating scum were a million dollars over the salary cap in that year, and still got flogged 40 nil. Who cares what that geriatric thinks?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4