Warringah ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is part of the region they are representing, just like Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

No worries

Supported Manly before the Warriors came along, and even then the Warriors only represented Auckland, not my part of the country, so I stuck loyal to the mighty Eagles, even through the tough times and am getting the rewards now. Makes for some good banter at work and cricket as well

Warringah's an aboriginal name that's describes the northern area in the team's local area, Manly being the smaller. more densely populated southern area.  According to Wikipedia there are various meanings for Warringah including "sign of rain", "across the waves" and "sea". It was once the home of the Guringai (or Kuringgai) language group of the Garigal clan, who owned the land between Port Jackson and Broken Bay, extending to the Lane Cove River in the west.

Manly was the name given by Captain Arthur Phillip upon seeing the indigenous people "their confidence and manly behaviour made me give the name of Manly Cove to this place".

ohh Robbiea,steady i'm very sensitive when LEEDS is insulted, :mad:have you had the pleasure of visiting our GREAT city,iff not then how can you comment.
  Now manchester that is one big sxxthole.

Manchester has 2 Priemierleague teams... how far has leeds slipped now?

Anyway never been to leeds so i can't say anything against it. Except for the above.

Yes, i have been to Leeds ,but yes ,you are correct , Manchester is worse ,but i think Birmingham is Englands biggest SHI_HOLE..

The name Warringah is Aboriginal in origin. Its meaning is variously defined as:

* The south side of Middle Harbour
    * Middle Harbour
    * Grey head
    * Signs of rain

For more info - http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/community/aboriginal_heritage.aspx

Worth mentioning that the Manly Warringah area is bounded by Sydney Harbour in the South and Pittwater in the north. It stretches along the Northern Beaches from North Head to Palm Beach. It is 40 mins Ferry ride from the city and is beautiful for its headlands, cliff faces, water views and access to the beaches. It is cooler in summer and warmer in winter, a great area to live and one of the more sought after places to live in the Greater Sydney area.

Manly was the name given by Captain Arthur Phillip upon seeing the indigenous people "their confidence and manly behaviour made me give the name of Manly Cove to this place".

Yeah; the locals saw some 'paras' rock up at 'the Wharf' (Phillip and a landing party came across from sydney cove to explore this northern end of the harbour) and threw spears at them trying to get them to fcuk off back where they came from, spearing one British marine in the leg. Unfortunately for them they weren't successful....

Of the many Northern Cities Leeds isn,t a bad spot, pretty progressive....but from my memories (have visited twice) reasonably "ethnic" (not that is a bad thing mind you). I had some very good Indian Food there once AND found a place that had cold beer.....altough it was Fosters and no on in Australia drinks that garbage!! I do agree about Manchester whilst it does have some EPL teams it is a ****hole!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6