Warriors prop Charlie Gubb faces long ban for shoulder charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
f078e27b8e9ba88d45fbd828389e38ea
f078e27b8e9ba88d45fbd828389e38ea

WARRIORS prop Charlie Gubb is facing up to seven weeks on the NRL sidelines for a shoulder charge on Darcy Lussick in Manly’s win in Perth on Saturday.

Gubb was hit with a grade two shoulder charge by the NRL match review committee on Sunday for the tackle which happened in the first half of the Sea Eagles’ 15-14 golden point win at nib Stadium.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/f078e27b8e9ba88d45fbd828389e38ea

Only way they can get Manly loading in there is to ignore it until after then give the following teams the only benefit

Once again farcical NRL decisions. Not even noticed or penalised yet the guy is getting 7 weeks. Yes Greenturd you have well and truly fuked up this game.
I noticed it in the game and was screaming for a penalty not because it was bad but well because it was against the rules.

Gubb should rubbed out for his haircut though

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
I noticed it in the game and was screaming for a penalty not because it was bad but well because it was against the rules.

Gubb should rubbed out for his haircut though
Well fair enough. I didn't see it at the time but then again I did spend most of the game screaming at the TV because of the sht refereeing.

Due respect to Darcy, but it shouldn't come down to the victim. I thought at the time the Inglis hit looked innocuous yet turns out it broke someone's jaw.
And yet, going by the weeks on the sidelines, was 40% WORSE than the Inglis hit? They don't apply the penalty with the outcome in mind, but it still beggars belief that a shoulder shot that resulted in a broken jaw (and I agree, it was pretty innocuous) is given a 3 week suspension whilst a hit that wasn't even penalised at the time results in a higher grading and a minimum 5 weeks.....*

* I've not idea if Gubb has priors that added to his penalty...

** edit: it could be 2 weeks extra for that haircut...

The bunker should be looking at this stuff during the game, if its good enough for a suspension its good enough for a send off, even if the game went on for five minutes before a break inplay or a review. The bunker would have access to all the video and players history.

And yet, going by the weeks on the sidelines, was 40% WORSE than the Inglis hit? They don't apply the penalty with the outcome in mind, but it still beggars belief that a shoulder shot that resulted in a broken jaw (and I agree, it was pretty innocuous) is given a 3 week suspension whilst a hit that wasn't even penalised at the time results in a higher grading and a minimum 5 weeks.....*

* I've not idea if Gubb has priors that added to his penalty...

** edit: it could be 2 weeks extra for that haircut...

Yup he had 50% loading because of prior incidents. Hence the higher penalty, the haircut should defo add an extra 25%

Its getting to the point where you can't even use your shoulder to tackle. What, do they want the NRL to become like the U/20's where tackling is an afterthought?

I'm not saying they shouldn't suspend Gubb. If they are going to do that then fine, do it. But I really do think that the NRL have gone overboard on this shoulder charge crap.

Some do deserve to be suspended for it (I personally think 1nglis should have been because that was definitely a shoulder charge), but others shouldn't be. Honestly, was Gubb's hit on Darcy really that bad that it deserves a 7 week suspension even if he does have priors? Even Lussick himself thought it was nothing more than a good shot on him.

Willie Mason's from last year (round 25?) was better. He copped a week from memory, in a final f-ewe to the game's administrators.

The only tackling style left in a few years will be the grab and hold while 2 others join in and wrestle the player to the ground. A big hit is too much of a risk and a low percentage play now. The punishments are way over the top if it goes wrong so no worth the risk.

So exciting times ahead

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4