Warriors Trial Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlysister

Reserve Grader
After the tragic news of the devasting earthquake in Christchurch, I think it would be a nice thing if a portion of the gate takings for the trial against the warriors were donated to the cause to support the people of Christchurch affected by the quake. After all we are playing the Warriors in New Zealand & I think it would be a good thing

Good idea, or at least a hand around...remembering though that 99.9% of people attending will be Kiwi's...there's no official tour across for this and I am not aware of anyone going over for the game.

The only trials that have been televised this year have been the two charity matches, so I hope it's a charity match too.

Warriors match quake fundraiser

RAISING CASH: New Zealand Warriors will be using its pre-season match as a fundraiser for the earthqquake victims.
Sport fans are encouraged to get along to Albany's North Harbour Stadium this Saturday night and support relief efforts in the wake of Tuesday's horror earthquake.

The Vodafone Warriors will play the Manly Sea Eagles at 6pm and all profits generated through gate sales will go to relief efforts in the South Island.

Red Cross volunteers will also work their way through the crowd collecting donations.

Mad Butcher and Suburban Newspapers Community Trust Chairman Sir Peter Leitch and his wife Lady Janice have kicked off appeal efforts with a $20,000 cheque.

Both urge Aucklanders to dig deep during the game and its 4pm curtain raiser featuring the Vodafone Junior Warriors and the Auckland Vulcans.

"To see our brothers and sisters in Christchurch going through such unbelievable tragedy is heartbreaking," Sir Peter says.

"We all feel so helpless being so far away up here in the north. We might not be able to roll up our sleeves and pitch in but we can help finance the essential relief operation that will no doubt go on for a long time yet.

Donations can also be made direct to the Red Cross Earthquake Appeal online at www.redcross.org.nz

Gates to Saturday's match open at 3.30pm and tickets can be bought at Ticketek, North Harbour Stadium and selected Mad Butcher outlets

Hope it's a sellout.  Wife's boss has immediate family in Christchurch, after a few hours they pulled out fine. 

Fantastic that this game will be a fundraiser for Christchurch! Nice Work :) And yes if anyone is at the game that can keep everyone updated on the score that would be awesome. C'mon boys GO MANLY

I am not aware of anyone going over...someone might be doing it on their own bat BUT I usually field calls / e-mails from people wanting to do these things. We did offer a package last year (details are on the MWTS forum) but ended up with only 3 or 4 that were really keen.

So any update will only come from the club and likely to be on their return from NZ

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298523435[/time]

Zorba is going with the team and will text score updates to me...sadly I am in Newcastle on Saturday night and out for dinner with friends when this is on otherwise I'd post them on here myself....but I do hope to get someone to do this for us...would just be the scores as he wouldn't have the time for match updates as well.

this morning at like 6:30am all the manly boys on twitter (george rose, oldfield, choc) seperately were all like "aaargh this is too early" ahaha suck it up

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I am not aware of anyone going over...someone might be doing it on their own bat BUT I usually field calls / e-mails from people wanting to do these things. We did offer a package last year (details are on the MWTS forum) but ended up with only 3 or 4 that were really keen.

So any update will only come from the club and likely to be on their return from NZ

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298523435[/time]

Zorba is going with the team and will text score updates to me...sadly I am in Newcastle on Saturday night and out for dinner with friends when this is on otherwise I'd post them on here myself....but I do hope to get someone to do this for us...would just be the scores as he wouldn't have the time for match updates as well.

Just give Panoutas my phone number. Tell him to contact the Fonz. I'll post em on here! Heeey!

Tweets from twitter

Manly Sea Eagles
Kick off 6pm local, will try get as much as possible! @berkeley_eagle What time does it kickoff there?dont forget the Brett updates too

Manly Sea Eagles
We'll do our best to update fans on the score from this afternoons match in NZ. Follow #nztrial for updates as they come #gomanly

So that's 6 pm nz time???? Just trying to work out the time difference so I can sneak on here. Don't give a flying fruit bat about the result just hope stewy gets through unscathed

Cambo link said:
So that's 6 pm nz time???? Just trying to work out the time difference so I can sneak on here. Don't give a flying fruit bat about the result just hope stewy gets through unscathed

so its 10am there now, 2pm here in Wollongong and its 4pm in NZ now

so 2 hours from now

Cambo link said:

LoL - me too mate.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6