Washington DC what would you do?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Ok I have to fly to DC next week for work. My current plans have me there from 14th July leaving on the 27th of July

This basically leaves me with the following free days

- Sunday 15th
- the following weekend

and the evenings after work. What I am trying to decide is whether I should take a flight out on the Saturday or Sunday instead so that I can have an extra weekend there.

Has anyone been to DC and can you tell me whether 3 full days plus the evenings to look around and see the main stuff. Or whether there I should extend by a day.
If I extend I have to pay the extra day or two for the hotel.

Any advice?

ha ha. That is what I said to the guys here.

Nah its more whether I should take the extra day or two

Fly a DC10 into the Pentagon.

If you're going all that way you might as well take the extra two days Dan. At the very worst you can duck up to New York to fill in time.

hmmm yeah been to new York though. I will jsut check with my boss I guess make sure it is ok to fly back in on Tuesday morning

Yeah good point. I just sent an email to my boss asking if I can fly out on Sunday morning or evening so that I have that extra day and a bit there.

Dan

Washington is a great city to visit - In many ways like Canberra. It will be summer there. I am not sure what Bars and Clubs etc abound but there is plenty to see in the same way there is at Canberra (but on a much bigger scale).

Only Problem is that it is a lot like Canberra and it is full of Americans!!!

I would call Qantas and request an emergency evac due to unsufferable yanks.

Just get me out of there, stick me in the pointy end of the plane, pour the red and then drop me off in any SE asian port for the nearest beach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4