Watch out for Parra!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
The side cannot look forward too far for that mouth-salivating game in two rounds time against Benny's St Chokers.

Remember 2007. After we demolished the Knights at BT 50-16 in Rd 22, we all set our sights on the Dragons in Rd 25. Unfortunately we were beaten by the Bunny Rabbits in Rd 23, 18-24 and then by the Worriers in Rd 24, 14-36.
We did beat the Drag-queens 28-24 but Des was furious at losing the two previous rounds marked as 'should wins'.

Sure, we should (and will) beat Parra by a cricket score but don't look too far in advance.
One game at a time!

We owe Parra some pain after our games against them last year. I've never walked out of two games before in my life being so pissed off (except maybe the GC Checchin game).

I hope that the boys go out there & absolutely hammer them into the turf all night. Don't care how much we win by, just as long as we win & make Parra really know how much better we are than them.

Agreed Wolfpack, I had to go from 'that' parra game straight to work, and even the stupid bears fans I worked with knew we had been robbed, they didn't care - but at least they acknowledged it.

Until that point I never quite got the dislike people had for Parra, having not been around since the 70's or whenever the rivalry started, now I do.

T-Rex double to rub salt into the wound please.

Coped Phone calls from my Uncle (Eels supporter) all weekend from last year.
Even my old man a fairweather Parra supporter ripped in to me

We are seeing a different team this year so far. I don't think Des is letting them get too far ahead of themselves. In the end if they can stay level headed for the next 15 weeks then we'll be minor premiers (and get our $100,000 back from the NRL), Foran will be Dally M winner, we'll win the GF and Brett Stewart will get his ring...and not shake Gallop's hand....and we'll be champions again...undefeated since the first Cowboys game.

Jono that is very optimistic mate lol. We will lose a game or two between now and the finals, those losses are not always a bad thing as they bring you back a peg.

exactly!

this is a danger game. the parra puffs will be fired up and ready to for it. They drew with the drag queens recently, so we cannot think about the saints game until full time monday night

torana355 said:
Jono that is very optimistic mate lol. We will lose a game or two between now and the finals, those losses are not always a bad thing as they bring you back a peg.

Exactly gives the team something to refocus on.

BTW Jono I'm planning on going to either Wigan or Warrington Feburary to watch us bury some of them for our second WCC win.

Back to the subject at hand most Parra fans are still under some illusion that we buy our premierships as well

eagles2win said:
Back to the subject at hand most Parra fans are still under some illusion that we buy our premierships as well
lmao, they can talk buying Sandow for some ridiculous amount. We have only taken the players they don't want and they are jealous Des has turned them into good players. :)

This week I think I'm just gonna not talk to any Parra supporters. They seriously annoy me. I hope we win then I can rub it in their faces.

I think there is a danger in worrying about the Dragons. I just hope the boys remember how sweet victories are over the Eels for us supporters.

Watch out for Luke Burt, he's a danger man. Like Matty Bowen does for the Cowboys, he always plays well against us and is capable of making something out of nothing and even steal victory out of our hands.

eagles2win said:
Got this funny feeling we are due for a lost. Am hoping it's not against Parra though

Even though we are due for a loss i think we will beat Parra, St Merge won't be so easy though...

If we learn something from a loss it won't be the end of the world. Would liven up the forum though, posters would demand at least 3 players be sacked and Des ordered to brush up on his tactics.

Don't forget,they're the slime that beat us on the day the ground record was set-taking away from that great moment!

We are one
but we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We share a dream
And sing with one voice
I hate
You hate
We all hate Parra scum!

i cant see parra putting more than a try on us..
with so many young players and everyone fighting for a spot in the team we will be hard to beat all year round, im just worried about how the young guns will handle finals footy!

Mate if we have as much possession as we did against the Cowboys the other night in the first 15 .They wont be in the game by the 20th minute mark & we wont be letting that lead slip like we did against them last year.
We have them in the forwards did last year too..

parra will have to find another coach to pay for their change room door upgrades .. because it wont be us (manly) funding one this year..;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7