Watching 1st Half Attack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Masked Eagle said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
When you carefully read the contents of this entire thread, many valid and true points have been made here.

You can only come to ONE summarizing conclusion: In terms of
i) Coaching and ii) Man Management

Mr Toovey has still a way to go. The loss of Crusher also is evident.

If they go back to back, it will the contribution of the experienced players that largely gets us there. This is not to say that 2V is not a good coach, and may become a GREAT coach, i just think there are many gaps in the preparation in comparison to 2011.

If you react against my assertion, just read this thread again.

How is the loss of Crusher evident? And Des did it last year, but the players will do it this year? Sorry, can't agree with your conclusions.
i) The players need someone to calm them down. Look at the errors in that last match.
ii) like i wrote before, i'm just summarising the thread. read it again.
iii) they can win Fri, but they should aim for a low scoring game, where they tackle the Cowboys to a standstill - their attack will look after itself.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
When you carefully read the contents of this entire thread, many valid and true points have been made here.

If they go back to back, it will the contribution of the experienced players that largely gets us there. This is not to say that 2V is not a good coach, and may become a GREAT coach, i just think there are many gaps in the preparation in comparison to 2011.

Not really. This year reminds me of 2010. We had a great team on paper, but we could rarely put the full team on the paddock, due to injuries. Our second half fade outs were similar that year, to our second halves at the back end of this year. We have had zero luck this year with injuires and suspensions, to win comps you need a fair chunk of luck. If Lyon didn't go off early the other night, my thoughts are that we would have won the game. Him and Brett are our most potent attacking weapons, either one of those guys are out and we look flat.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Masked Eagle said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

How is the loss of Crusher evident? And Des did it last year, but the players will do it this year? Sorry, can't agree with your conclusions.
i) The players need someone to calm them down. Look at the errors in that last match.
ii) like i wrote before, i'm just summarising the thread. read it again.
iii) they can win Fri, but they should aim for a low scoring game, where they tackle the Cowboys to a standstill - their attack will look after itself.

My point was, how is Crusher missing evident? I'm pretty sure we made errors during games last year as well.

IMO the biggest difference between this year and last year is the injuries and off field distruption. I see no evidence to suggest things would have been in any better a situation if Des had stayed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4