Watching snake score that try...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
....reminded me that Snake is a player that can do a Lockyer and convert to 5/8. he is great defensively,has beefed up and has sublime hands.And we are going to need a 5/8 soon because the bloke playing there right now does not want to be there! All I have read this morning is about DCE,field goals etc.What was evident is that DCE cares.......Newsflash - the bloke in the 6 gets paid more than him and has rarely been sighted for the last 6 weeks.The club aren't to happy about it either.Needs to commit or leave and get on with it.

On the effort tonight it just shows what this club is all about.I flew down expecting the worse,got it for 30 minutes and then saw the stuff that sets this club apart.If we keep the guys who want to play for our famous jersey then as usual we will be fine.

Agree Foran has been terrible the past few weeks. Poor defence and has barely touched the ball. At least DCE had a go, Foran didn't make many mistakes because he wasn't sighted.

He isn't winning too many friends around the place with his attitude believe me.For the life of me I just can't see why DCE has his game picked apart every week while the bloke next to him who earns just as much or more based on his toughness and aggression is hardly sighted.He is paid to hit in defence,take the line on,set the tone for the defensive line speed,take some responsibility for the kicking game and it has totally disappeared.His dollar value,unlike many others,centres around aggression and toughness and playing without that makes him an average first grader,nothing more,nothing less.

Foran's body language has been evident for awhile. He is nowhere near the elite players in the game. 1 million a year is a franchise and that is DCE.

Yeah, agree : Snake to 5/8. He has the football brain, the defence, has developed his kicking game, is still fast and can pass.
But more than any of these things there is one important quality:. Snake is a leader who commands the respect of the younger players.

Tough decision to be made.. Do we really need an enforcer as a pivot? We need players that will set up tries. We have been lucky that Gift has been pretty much a second 5/8th, this has taken a lot of heat off what Foran's real job is.

And Hiku is a class fullback and NOT a winger and Gutherson Trobjevik are young tyros in the 1 jumper..I am not usually one for positional swaps but Snake is bigger now,has every possible skill and needs to be involved more....and probably his greatest asset,his support play,is perfectly suited to 5/8.The greatest support player in history wore the 6.

In the last 2 years of his last deal he will not become a 5/8. Why would you weaken 1 spot to try and prop another up - never works.

Foran is an issue I agree. Defensive reads were bad, but remember Horo was playing middle when most of them happened.

I seem to recall that if you look at the 3,2,1 for the year he is a mile ahead winner. The last few games he has been below his best, but even that is better than most 5/8ths. I wouldn't want to lose him.

He has the heart and ticker of a champion, and I would rather he be long term captain of the eagles over dce.

eople can bang on about his 3 2 1 s earlier this year as much as they like.If that bloke last night is the same Kieran Foran we all love then that will do me......Not saying he cant play.Not saying i want to lose him.At his best he is an unbelieveable asset. What i am saying and what the club is asking him is. Do u want to play for Manly ? Needs to make up his mind.His form slump is about attitude.

DCE tried everything last night. He had a few mates... Brave effort from so many....but a few passengers.... Watch that video last night and see who was putting in and who wasn't......

Brett could play #6 as he's definitely got the skills. Obviously it would only become a consideration if Foran was to leave.

Regarding Foran, he's clearly been below his best for sometime. Whether it's injury, lack of focus etc… doesn't matter. I just think he needs some time away from the game to clear his head.

There are some players that, the club could/should grant releases to but Foran isn't one of them. Whatever issues he has, they should try to resolve them and convince him to stay. He's still young and impressionable. Depending on how things play out over the next few months with some of these senior players….. this will have a huge influence on what he does.

I love Foran but if I had to choose it would be Cherry.

Foran is tenacious and can take the line on but when teams line up against him and expect it, his effectiveness isn't as great. His short kicking game is good but sometimes when I expect him to step up, he doesn't.

Not saying I want him to go either but I would NOT pay 1million for him.

Snake is the most important player in our side and is one of the best fullbacks in history. I'd leave him there and either move Lyon or go for Maloney if he becomes available. It would certainly solve our goal kicking issue and we'd save quite a few hundred thousand for a centre. I'd love Leilua from Newcastle. Don't think he's available yet.

I haven't been happy with Kieran since his press conference where he aired our dirty laundry in the same week the likes of Lyon, Ballin, Lawrence and Symonds all tried to keep a lid on it. The media lapped it up and we had another couple of weeks of bad headlines as a result. I was absolutely filthy for that.

NEVER AIR YOUR DIRTY LAUNDRY! That was always Arko's mantra. It's something that made me realise he wasn't ready for any captain's responsibilities.

If he wants to stay, great...maybe $700 000 tops? If he's still not happy then he might as well go.

I just hope that snake stays if the others all go. Losing Glenn, Watmough, possibly Matai and Foran would be a big hit for him in terms of his closest mates. I still believe he loves the club and he wouldn't fit any other team like ours.

bob dylan said:
I think Foran is playing injured.

He's playing something and it's not the level of footy he is capable of that's for sure. He has never convinced me that he will be one of the great ball playing 5/8ths, he is no Cliffy, but when he takes on the line he can cause damage. He hasn't done that with any intent for a few weeks now. He looks emotionally worn out and unengaged. Something is going on, whether it's injury or headspace I don't know.

By the way, Snakes try was the highlight of the night for mine. Good on him for getting one in his 200th game.

susan said:
eople can bang on about his 3 2 1 s earlier this year as much as they like.If that bloke last night is the same Kieran Foran we all love then that will do me......Not saying he cant play.Not saying i want to lose him.At his best he is an unbelieveable asset. What i am saying and what the club is asking him is. Do u want to play for Manly ? Needs to make up his mind.His form slump is about attitude.

Bob may be right. Even if Foran isn't happy he is one of the most competitive players in the comp and doesn't play half-hearted. For what it's worth , here are our player ratings according to ST members for the final few Rounds:

3 points, 2, 1
19 Foran, Ballin, Symonds
20 DCE , Foran, Lyon
21 Foran (by a mile) Buhrer, Matai
22 Brett, Choc, JSL
23 Foran, Choc, DCE
24 Lyon, Buhrer, Matai
25 Brett, Matai, Foran
26 Hodges, King, Matai

Foran's a disgruntled player with his friends, Watmough, Mattai & the Stewart brothers.
Some people on here need to get up to speed.

.He was not sighted in the last 3 games that really mattered.This is about expectations and attitude.He is close to the highest paid player in the game so expectations are that he might at least be seen.In regard to attitude can anyone seriously tell me this is the same in your face firebrand he built his reputation.on.His body language says it all....I know for a fact the club is asking the same questions and he needs to decide what he wants.A fit and happy Foran could make us a force for another decade.

The Indian said:
DCE tried everything last night. He had a few mates... Brave effort from so many....but a few passengers.... Watch that video last night and see who was putting in and who wasn't......

Don't think I can watch it again ... can you just tell me?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7