Watching through Rose-coloured glasses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need to sign him. He's a great club man and we need someone to cover until Jake T comes on full time.
I'd give him 2 years.
We keep losing props, let's keep one.
Next year Lawrence, Richie, Sao, Hasson, Rose and hopefully Kingy and Nood. Not too shabby. The following year we'd lose a couple of them but Jake will be good to go.

Reading between the lines he wants something immediate. But we'd be silly to let him go after what's happened to the other props. He can do a job for us this year, he showed that in 2011.

I know he is carrying some extra pudding but I happen to agree that we should sign him up for another year or two, he really busted his chops on Monday night in my opinion.

Disco said:
No way, he is a character but this season should be his last at manly

I agree just because he is a character and a crowd favourite doesnt mean we have to sign him up. He will never be able to change his body shape however he does not appear to show the commitment to get fit and unfortunately the game has passed him by.

People with Character never go down without a fight . Rose has an opportunity to show us what he can offer us .

I'd keep him. We would surely be missing him right now if he wasn't here. I think he'll remind a few people of what his value is to the team in the next few weeks. I consider him a big asset, in more ways than one. lol

I want him to stay, I just think he needs to lift his game, not by much just 5-10% to get upto that 120% that is needed these days.

Why do people just judge him as unfit just because of his body shape ? He will never look like a Kite or Lawrence type no matter how much running he does

I'm sure Donny Singe had him doing all the same work as the other forwards over the off season and George wasn't just hiding around the corner as others went through their paces

His stats so far of 35 tackles made for 1 miss don't seem to suggest too much that he is struggling to keep up with the pace of the game

Kiwi Eagle said:
Why do people just judge him as unfit just because of his body shape ? He will never look like a Kite or Lawrence type no matter how much running he does

I'm sure Donny Singe had him doing all the same work as the other forwards over the off season and George wasn't just hiding around the corner as others went through their paces

His stats so far of 35 tackles made for 1 miss don't seem to suggest too much that he is struggling to keep up with the pace of the game
There is room for improvement in all of us including Rose . Its not all about the hard work with Donny on the paddock its also all the hard work with our discipline with what we eat . In the end regardless of how much we train , we are what we eat .Rose performance on the field will benefit if he trims down . I believe that he can turn it around .

BOZO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

There is room for improvement in all of us including Rose . Its not all about the hard work with Donny on the paddock its also all the hard work with our discipline with what we eat . In the end regardless of how much we train , we are what we eat .Rose performance on the field will benefit if he trims down . I believe that he can turn it around .

You been following the big fella around to see what he eats ? ;)

Kiwi Eagle said:
BOZO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

You been following the big fella around to see what he eats ? ;)

I have seen him at Woolies at the Mall and his shopping trolley was chockers full of foods that a professional athlete should steer well clear of.

He is a character. But not up to Manly standards. Sign him up to do a similar media roll that Turner has at the dogs.

I don't think anyone is judging him in comparison to Kitey and Lawrence, more so in comparison to what he has been in previous years. You have to admit he is a little bigger now than he used to be and that it is not helping his game any. Just because it has now become un-pc to call people overweight does not mean that they are not overweight. I am sure if he worked at losing a few kgs his form would improve also.

MissKate said:
I don't think anyone is judging him in comparison to Kitey and Lawrence, more so in comparison to what he has been in previous years. You have to admit he is a little bigger now than he used to be and that it is not helping his game any. Just because it has now become un-pc to call people overweight does not mean that they are not overweight. I am sure if he worked at losing a few kgs his form would improve also.

I can't see how it is effecting his game really ? His defence isn't suffering at all, and that is the area you would be shown up in. It didn't seem to have any effect on his footwork at the line either when running the ball. More there for the defenders to try and wrap their arms around too, can't make it easier for them :)

He did have trouble getting down to pick the ball up and knocking it on.
But im not knocking his Health, ive met him and his figure is his own. I'd just like to see more consistent, quality effort from the guy. His last game was ok and he showed some footwork but the shoulder charge? really? His efforts in the nsw cup games that i saw were not good enough. If trimming down 5kgs makes him a better player then great but I think the trimming down would do more mentally because of the effort and disipline he would be putting in off the field would sharpen what happens on the field.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6