Watmough and T-REX

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I've been critical of both these players but tonight they were great. Watmough has knuckled down since the last incident and is playing the type of football that won him a SOO spot. Rex was very good tonight and is getting better, some nice hitups and good defence.

A great team effort.

The whole team is starting to click although we got a little ragged towards the end of the game. This team will go close to winning the premiership.

YEs i agree,both went well,t rex is a damaging ball runner and most of the time bumpss off the first defender,and he defended well tonight,sorta just bear hugged the player he was tackling and slammed them to the ground,very good win.

swoop said:
How good was our defence? They barely made 30 metres in a set.

Spot on swoop. That was the most pleasing aspect of the whole game, and there were plenty. The number of times they drove the ball-runner backwards was simply outstanding. Awesome!

swoop said:

Only 2 dogs players made more than 100m, the highest being 117m by Andrew Ryan, in contrast 7 Manly players made more than 100m and 3 made more than 150m, no surprises that Hopoate again topped the tally with 167m.

I have to agree I've been critical of T-Rex, in large part as I always thought he could do better and felt he has been wasting his ability. Tonight could not have been any further from that statement. He did some great work tonight. He finally starting taking regular hit ups and they were damaging and set a great platform. He was great in attack and I was happy with the defense. I've always been anti him because I thought he would be one of those guys that never lives up to expectation, but if we see the T-rex we saw tonight and he uses that as a base to build from then it will be fantastic for the club. I'm very happy to see him living up to that potential and hype, lets see more of it.

swoop said:

Exactly.....well said

and often drove their forwards backwards. 3 and 4 in a tackle.

T Rex as starting 2nd rower and playing damaging football like that will be simply sensational for us. The meters that King and Rose got early for us laid the platform for a brilliant win tonight. Our forwards stack up against any team now. Cannot wait to see us smash that fagons pack.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6