Watmough has restraining order quashed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
MANLY rugby league player Anthony Watmough is "ecstatic" an apprehended violence order (AVO) taken out against him has been quashed, his manager says.

Watmough, 24, was ordered to stay away from his former partner of seven years, Gillian Rixon, in June.

The AVO was granted by the Manly Local Court after Rixon, then 24, claimed Watmough had abused her on several occasions in 2004 and 2005.

But today, Sydney District Court by Judge Robert Toner quashed the order.

Watmough's manager George Mimis said the Sea Eagle was thrilled with today's result.

"Anthony's ecstatic with the outcome and he's happy that his position's been vindicated – as one of innocence," Mr Mimis said.

"He's content to move on with his life."

Mr Mimis said Watmough was looking forward to putting a tough year behind him.

"There was a lot more to it than met the eye and all of the matters have now been resolved," he said.

"He's just moving forward."

In June, Watmough's lawyer Garry Gillet dismissed Ms Rixon's statements to the Manly Local Court as "fabrications and lies", but magistrate Jane Culver said her evidence was "clearly reliable".

Ms Rixon has a young son with the Manly second-rower

Jee there are plenty of comments in this topic.

I just guess your all to busy eating humble pie to post thoughts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4