Watmough keen for rep footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
MANLY second-rower Anthony Watmough insists his representative football dream has not been interrupted by ankle ligament damage suffered in the grand final rematch against Melbourne.

Watmough flew back to Sydney yesterday with a surgical boot on his left foot after being forced off in the Storm's 26-4 win at Olympic Park, while centre Jamie Lyon missed the second half with a leg cork.

"I'd be lying if I said it wasn't on my mind - it's a burning ambition of mine to get back there,'' Watmough said of upcoming Sydney Origin and NSW selection.

I'm having some tests in the next couple of days. They don't know how serious it is, but personally I don't think it's too bad.''

Watmough told The Sunday Telegraph he might even play against Parramatta on Friday night, although he admitted that was hope rather than medical fact.

"I just went over on it, got caught under another player,'' he said.

"I think I could play on Friday; I could have gone back on last night.''

Watmough put the defeat down to "stupid errors and stupid penalties'', echoing coach Des Hasler, who reckoned: "For 30 minutes I thought we were in the arm wrestle without playing at our best.''

Lyon must also be in a little doubt for the clash with his former club, while Melbourne's Jeff Lima (corked thigh) and Greg Inglis (calf) will be having intense physio in the lead-up to the Monday week clash with Canberra. Coach Craig Bellamy has given the premiers half a week off.

"It's just a corked leg, nothing big,'' said Inglis.

Lock Luke Williamson summed up the mood in the Manly camp when he said: "They're pretty good, aren't they? They have certainly picked up where they left off last year. They certainly let us know where we stand. We've got a lot of work to do.''

What's Willow mean? Isn't he just as good as Hoffman, Crocker & Johnson? Oh, that's right - he's a different type of player...

Choc played himself into rep contention with his performance. I hope he gets to the chance to keep that momentum going in front of the selectors. Anyone know when the SOO teams, and Aussie team, being picked?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6