Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Gloomy to think possible, but if he is suspended and we don't survive and he signs with Parramatta that's it boys, that's all she wrote I think. Why would Manly want him on the books next year if he doesn't want to be here?.

What an inglorious end to glorious partial career with Manly.

The writing is on the wall it seems.

Something in the team died around July when instead of basking in the limelight of top of the comp, we had parties talking about people who the club should let leave and discontent blah blah blah

This has seriously eroded any chance of success this season.

If it is the last we have seen of Choc, thanks for the memories and great stuff you gave us but if you are no longer committed, please just go and lets get people who want to be hear.

Thread title filled me with hope. Even at his best I'd always be holding my breath hoping he wouldn't drop the ball or he'd remember the lessons as an eight year old of how to play the ball. And yes, the sideways running. Final straw for me though was the buddying up with Weidler. When I saw that interview with him in his home at the start of the 'crisis', I really wanted him gone.

I know many on here see him as a legend - a title thrown around waaaay to lightly - but I never saw him that way. For me he's always been a little Hoppa Snr, a little Les Boyd - cheered for all of them while they wore the jersey but couldn't wait til they took it off and gave it to someone else.

I appreciate many of you think the world of him and to each their own. I loved Wolfie to bits while others screamed his inadequacies from the rooftops.

So good luck to him and I'm very much looking forward to seeing him in the blue and gold.

280 plus games
4 grand finals
2 premierships
20 odd finals matches
14 Origins
16 Test matches

Yeah it's a tough school when that doesn't put a player in the legend class.

I am with you on Wolf, hey we all have our faves.

Edit: just looking at that record, he would be close to our most decorated player ever. I know a few guys played in 4 winning GF sides etc but Chocs record is amazing.

sheridanstand78 said:
The writing is on the wall it seems.

Something in the team died around July when instead of basking in the limelight of top of the comp, we had parties talking about people who the club should let leave and discontent blah blah blah

This has seriously eroded any chance of success this season.

If it is the last we have seen of Choc, thanks for the memories and great stuff you gave us but if you are no longer committed, please just go and lets get people who want to be hear.

nicely said

bob dylan said:
280 plus games
4 grand finals
2 premierships
20 odd finals matches
14 Origins
16 Test matches

Edit: just looking at that record, he would be close to our most decorated player ever. I know a few guys played in 4 winning GF sides etc but Chocs record is amazing.

When you put it like that ... OK, serious legend qualifications. I retract that bit.

Totally respect your opinion, as it said we all have our faves.

I have never been a King fan, but that's just me.

Brissie Kid said:
No one will tackle Inglis ever again if Choc is suspended for that head first dive.

He'll be suspended. Jamie will probably be okay because of his clean record, but Choc will get a week or two.

great player but was dominated again tonight and really cannot command big dollars anymore. Parra will pay it though.

NYEagle said:
Gloomy to think possible, but if he is suspended and we don't survive and he signs with Parramatta that's it boys, that's all she wrote I think. Why would Manly want him on the books next year if he doesn't want to be here?.

What an inglorious end to glorious partial career with Manly.

And if he stays, doesn't he want another 3 years? Sheesh!

If he goes suppose we could use Jorge in the back row as an option. Trex was once a winger
We have signed Jorge for a further 3 seasons

Jorge will bounce back; he is still a winger moving forward. Toovey said in the presser that Jorge is a confident person and will keep working hard and bounce back and I take him on his word.

you know Choc doesnt want to go, he could be forced out too,but I wouldnt blame him if he did,after seeing the way he keeps getting bad mouthed by Manly supporters any chance they get,how about getting behind him,and stop believing media speculation all the time

master blaster said:
you know Choc doesnt want to go, he could be forced out too,but I wouldnt blame him if he did,after seeing the way he keeps getting bad mouthed by Manly supporters any chance they get,how about getting behind him,and stop believing media speculation all the time

It's hard to keep getting behind someone that communicates with that germ Wiedler....

bob dylan said:
280 plus games
4 grand finals
2 premierships
20 odd finals matches
14 Origins
16 Test matches

It's true an amazing record, but the continual baggage made it hard for him to be a fave. If this is the end it's a sour one. Wolf on the other hand will always rank highly.

Pommie Eagle said:
master blaster said:

It's hard to keep getting behind someone that communicates with that germ Wiedler....
yeah true,but his last interview he did with him,he tried to put things straight,but everyone wants to believe the opposite to what he said

master blaster said:
stop believing media speculation all the time

I'm not 1 to believe media speculation (or destabilisation) but choc could have put this to bed a long time ago. Monday night against the Dragons we win he is asked 3 times about wanting out (on triple M) and all he did was dodge and weave and laugh all he had to say was no I don't want out I have a contract and will be fulfilling it simple. He fanned the flames. This is why I love Matai so much at least with him we no the truth that same night he was asked the same questions and said yes I asked for a release.

master blaster said:

He may not have choice. The club will cut out disruptive influences after this year's bs. They've been protecting him for his whole career and he's now dicked them around by refusing the extension and asking to shop around. His media with wiedler continually fuels the bs and puts the club in a bad light.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2