Watmough to The Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
According to reports he has told origin team mates he will be at Parramatta next season.

Another fall out with DCE and unhappy with the Glenn Stewart departure.

Would really love to know if there is any truth to all these reports that there is a divide at Manly over the whole Glenn Stewart saga. It's starting to get a bit boring now. Fair enough everyone is upset Stewart bas been forced out but really they all need to get over it. Who would they rather; an injury prone back rower hitting the twilight of his career, or one of the best half backs in the game, and I think a future QLD and Australian captain. I know which one I would rather have and I certainly know which one is going to lead us to more success over the next 5 years. We are living in the 21st Century, money talks & bulls@#t walks!!

Don't believe it for a second.

THE biggest talking point out of the NSW State of Origin camp in Coffs Harbour was star forward Anthony Watmough’s discontent at his NRL club, the Manly Sea Eagles.

Long-considered a one-club player who would never leave the Sea Eagles’ Narrabeen headquarters, the chances of Watmough remaining at Manly beyond this year are lengthening by the day because the Blues enforcer is fuming at the way his mate Glenn Stewart was forced out of the club.

Contracted with the Sea ­Eagles until the end of next season, Sport Confidential has been told Watmough was telling Blues teammates he could well end up at the Parramatta Eels next season. Despite all the denials, there is an ever-widening divide at the Sea ­Eagles between the club’s senior players and star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans.

It’s not the first time Watmough has wanted to join the Eels. The Sea Eagles icon also entertained the idea when Ricky Stuart was coaching at Parramatta.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-disgruntled-anthony-watmough-hints-at-parramatta-switch/story-fni3fbgz-1226936399436

This DCE bashing is getting a bit tiresome. I'm sure Choc was quoted during the Gifty saga as saying that there were no issues within the team and that there was no rift. Who knows what to believe

Talk about adding insult to injury...

And ironically the two injured are the two allegedly feuding players.

I'd love to know where these ''reports'' eminate from a lot of the time. Whether or not there's any truth to this one or not, it's obviously an attempt to destabilize... In this case both Manly and the Blues, you'd reckon.

I'd be more shocked and disappointed than Gifty's defection, if Choc left and didn't finish with Manly (as a one club man).

And there'd be a LOT of ppl p1ssed off if he does leave; especially to the Eels.

If that's true, they all need to grow up and face reality. Don't care if he goes, frees up money to buy/re-sign younger players.

If he goes then good luck to him, he's always been a great asset for Manly and it would be sad to see him in another team's colours but his best years are probably behind him in all honesty.

What's more concerning is the loss of mateship amongst the playing group, if there is any truth to all this. That core group getting along so well has undoubtedly been a big factor in our success for the better part of the last decade.

I think certain people fail to understand the culture of the core group and has caused this rift.

I hate to think this culture at Manly will be all but a memory.

All those who thinks we can just brush this aside and reckon it's no big deal if the core group is dismantled will one day eat their words.

I don't want our club to have one very good player and a bunch of wanderers who won't give a hoot about the club and Manly's history. This way, nobody will play with passion in our colours and they will all chase the dollar.

Imagine if Parra takes over our culture and become a more desired club to play for?? It'll be our greatest nightmare. They will laugh at us when we have been giving it to them for years.

I dunno what's true or not (obv).

It's hard to think choc would be giving interviews about how amazingly the soo bonding is going whilst at the same time saying he wants to leave Manly.

It also sounds a bit childish and I imagine these players going home to their wives and saying:

I wanna move! 'someone' is a real meany pants!

So....you want us to sell our house, move our kids from their school, uproot us from our support network, possibly go somewhere for less money all because you cant: a)understand basic maths and b)can't stop acting like a primary school kid? Grow the fudge up ya sook!

Maybe all the player managers aren't Manly fans?

Also...if choc makes 100 mtrs a game and gives away 2 penalties....what's that? 30 mtrs per kick = 60 mtrs. Yeah we can do without a 40 mtr a game player! (because I am sure that's exactly how it works!)

Is Choc really going to be bagging Manly at a Blues camp? I find that hard to believe. And a move to Parra at this stage of his career to play with all good and co? Way to strange to be true.

Don't think it's true... However I work in Parramatta CBD and I see Watmough walking through Parramatta more often than not.. I'd say it's more of a twisted words story, he prob said he doesn't like the fact Gifty isn't there next year etc etc.. managers at play as well to start the negotiations process up his price for what will be his last contract before retirement...I know he rated Brad Arthur very highly.. Arthur seems to have a lot of pulling power and left a great impression while he was at Manly

What he should be talking about is making this his last origin series as his body can't handle the rep season and 24 regular season games for Manly and that winning another premiership for his beloved Sea Eagles is his number one priority.

thats a surprise really,I thought it might be St george,as he seems to think trent merrin is the best thing since sliced bread,he reckons he is a great kid,mmm,now I am confused

So let me get this right, Manly are equal top of the league, so a news limited paper has to flog a story that is yesterdays fish and chips to try and unsettle our team.

Yet again another pathetic attempt from News to unsettle our club.

I advise the News hacks to watch the reaction of the team, when DCE kicked the field goal to win our last game. The first player to be there was Snake if I remember.

We live in an era of the salary cap, every one hates that long term players are not looked after by it but its reality.

If any player decides to leave because others have, well we cant do a lot about it but the MANLY culture has been around for nearly 70 years now and no player is bigger than the club!!

sheridanstand78 said:
So let me get this right, Manly are equal top of the league, so a news limited paper has to flog a story that is yesterdays fish and chips to try and unsettle our team.

Yet again another pathetic attempt from News to unsettle our club.

I advise the News hacks to watch the reaction of the team, when DCE kicked the field goal to win our last game. The first player to be there was Snake if I remember.

We live in an era of the salary cap, every one hates that long term players are not looked after by it but its reality.

If any player decides to leave because others have, well we cant do a lot about it but the MANLY culture has been around for nearly 70 years now and no player is bigger than the club!!
I was thinking the same thing sheridanstand78,he didnt look at all unhappy did he

Watching the origin game there appeared to be quite a bit of niggle going on between them both. I thought it was strange during the game. It just didn't look like gamesmanship.

Josh Massoud a Manly hater for a long time
he was one of the journos who defamed Snake from that incident years ago

there is one poster here on this site that can suss this out for us

btw has Buhrer signed for the eels yet ?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Josh Massoud a Manly hater for a long time
he was one of the journos who defamed Snake from that incident years ago

there is one poster here on this site that can suss this out for us

btw has Buhrer signed for the eels yet ?

I am pretty sure I know who you mean,they wont be happy if its true thats for sure BE

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4