Wayne Bennett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Wayne Bennett has come out and said we need a transfer window now that he has successfully poached a number of players. He believes that this kind of contract breaking for Boyd, Blair etc shouldn't be allowed......now that he has done this.

Now I believe he is right, and rugby league fans are all getting tired of this, but for Bennett to come out and say this now, given he has been doing this constantly. And taking players from club to club with him, is a joke!

He knows he is now at the last club he will ever coach and wants to ensure that this doesn't happen to him! What a hypocritical joke....and you wait the NRL will take action now! The broncos and Bennett have spoken!

Oh come on, this is the Great Gonzo you're maligning here. He's the messiah and you should do exactly what he says.

(Ps. To be read in conjunction with sarcasm)

Yep typical Bennett. Breathtaking hypocrisy at its best. The donkeys are a law to themselves. Owned by a corrupt news empire that will do anything it takes to win as we saw recently with the Melbourne drizzle.

The gutless NRL will never stand up to them. The scandal of them getting away with cap breaches has a horrible stench about it and big cover up.

The thing that has also got to me is the 'Get Barba' campaign (for compassionate reasons) and then Sir Wayne doesn't want him so he gets offloaded to the Sharks.

Like I said I agree with what Bennett is saying, but he's now sitting happy in his Broncos Kingdom, is going nowhere until retirement. And realizes he will benefit the most from this.

It was like when he was at the Knights and he came out with the 'no wrestling' campaign. All because he didn't have the forwards to effectively wrestle.

Killer03 said:
The thing that has also got to me is the 'Get Barba' campaign (for compassionate reasons) and then Sir Wayne doesn't want him so he gets offloaded to the Sharks.

Like I said I agree with what Bennett is saying, but he's now sitting happy in his Broncos Kingdom, is going nowhere until retirement. And realizes he will benefit the most from this.

It was like when he was at the Knights and he came out with the 'no wrestling' campaign. All because he didn't have the forwards to effectively wrestle.

Bit like his "no winning" policy that he implemented when he didn't have the players required to win matches. Or his "bye bye" policy that he implemented when the $1M a year dried up.

Shoe1 said:
Killer03 said:

Bit like his "no winning" policy that he implemented when he didn't have the players required to win matches. Or his "bye bye" policy that he implemented when the $1M a year dried up.

Hahaha Bye Bye Policy.
Classic.

Shoe1 said:
Killer03 said:

Rick Stone has been very quiet with his thoughts on the whole saga when he was ousted from the top job. Not his missus, according to a friend of ours. She's known Stoneys missus for years and caught up with her on the GC. To say she and Stoney are filthy on Bennett, and Tinkler is an understatement. :mad:

wombatgc said:
Shoe1 said:
Killer03 said:

Rick Stone has been very quiet with his thoughts on the whole saga when he was ousted from the top job. Not his missus, according to a friend of ours. She's known Stoneys missus for years and caught up with her on the GC. To say she and Stoney are filthy on Bennett, and Tinkler is an understatement. :mad:

It's been well documented that they dislike each other. Stone gave a pretty candid interview to the Telegraph a couple of weeks back and he made it clear what he thinks of Bennett in no uncertain terms.

Bennett should never have left the Broncos.

He is a flat track bully (when things are given to him on a plate he can make them work), overall a good coach but not a great coach that can turn teams around and runs away as soon as things get tough

Bennett is the epitome of Queensland hypocrisy. He brainwashed generations of QLD'rs to believe all the bull****. He has zero credibility in my opinion. He is lauded as the second coming of christ, yet he has zero integrity. He has only won premierships with teams that were so far over the cap it beggars belief. And had his clone Bellamy not got punished for the same thing (cap rorting) he would have never won a premiership at St George. Ironically it is integrity that he demands from everyone else except himself. He does nothing to promote the game and he dribbles snippets of bile so irregularly that the press believe it must be the word of a god. The bloke has as much integrity as Hasler and they both have shown that they are both whores for a dollar who can be bought by the highest bidder. Bennett wont ever get any respect from me, he shown how much of a super coach he has been at Newcastle. Took the cash, coached like a busted arse, talent and money dried up so he did a runner. When the going gets tough Bennett gets going. Funny how a bloke like Tallis hates him. As much as i think Tallis is a muppet i would take him over Bennett any day.

Correct, he had the pick of all qld juniors for years, and really should have been able to win every year on the base of that. Myth.

MadMarcus said:
When Greenberg hears that players are being enticed to leave clubs while under contract he will surely take stern action.

He wont destroy what he created. All this contract garbage was started by him and the Dogs.

Fluffy said:
Bennett should never have left the Broncos.

He is a flat track bully (when things are given to him on a plate he can make them work), overall a good coach but not a great coach that can turn teams around and runs away as soon as things get tough

Bennett & bellamy are of the same mould. They made a name for themselves whilst cheating the Salary Cap. Now players go to them for unders to help maintain that undeserved status.

I don't think you can win 7 premierships out of luck, so I will refrain from commenting on his coaching ability to an extent. The way the Broncos won the 2006 premiership against Melbourne against all odds with a no name half back is testament to his ability to extract the very best out of his players.

However, as a man he is an arrogant two faced conniving son of a bitch with no integrity. He can be bought for a dollar, will take off when the going gets tough, and will spin whatever yarn suits him and his agenda.

Won a lot of those premierships with the games best player on 250K, with many other on more than 500K.

Like Melbourne proved it is easy to be at the pointy end when you have a team worth way more than the salary cap

I know there is bad blood with him and Tallis, but, one of the key comments Tallis makes (and I 100% agree with him). When Wayne (or anyone) is talking to the media, they are not talking to the media, they are talking to the fans. Bennetts refusal to say anything to the media and banning players from speaking to them is counter productive to the good of the game.

As someone living in the Hunter Valley, I cannot believe the disconnect that has happened up here with the Knights. When we moved up here (in 2006) the whole 'Knights this, Knights that, Joey this, Joey that' drove us crazy, but we soon realized it was good for the area. They loved the Knights!

When Wayne was coming there was massive optimism that a one title was guaranteed, and more would follow. What transpired was terrible. The public just got fed up with Wayne pulling his team away from the community, banning them from talking to the media, and getting the team to act like primadonnas (not advised in a working class town).

I found this disconnect quite alarming. And it was nothing to do with lack of success. I've seen it around here with them winning wooden spoons (or at least going close) and the community whilst disappointed, stood by the team. That changed with Sir Wayne.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4