WCC Challenge - Another Tour Group?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Galaxy Sports Management are offering a WCC tour for 8 days/ 7 nights for $3395. Barry Stewart is the Tour leader.

Gotta love our free society and competition in the Travel industry.

I wonder if there will be drinking competitions between the two tour groups?

A GREAT TOUR written by Peter Peters

WATCHING Rugby League in the north of England - particularly in Leeds - is something all real fans of the game should try at least once in a lifetime.

I did my first trip way back on the 1978 Kangaroo tour and have made seven tours since. The last was in 2009 and watching the Sea Eagles beat Leeds at Elland Road was a special experience.

I am going back again in February with a group of Sea Eagles fans. My co-tour leader will be Barry Stewart, the ever smiling dad of Brett and Glenn Stewart.

The tour, through Galaxy Sports Management, will be eight days and seven nights costing $3,395. That includes economy airfares, four nights in London including breakfast and two nights in Leeds at the classy Leeds Mariott. The match will be played on Friday night, February 17. If you are interested call Sharon on 0410 684 942 or Michael on 0414-484942.

Edit: I just called Michael on the above number. He said that apart from Brett and Glenn Stewarts dad Barry, there will probably be about four more players Dads in the group. The Leeds Marriott is the same hotel the players will be staying at. He also said they will have access to the official post match function with the players. He said Zorb is hoping to line up some special guests like Mal Reilly. Pre match function dinner. Match tickets obviously.

The Wheel said:
I wonder if there will be drinking competitions between the two tour groups?

My moneys on the one my bluedog one to win.

Actually I'll save them money, time and the subsequent hangover/alcohol poisoning and if you see my bluedog in the opposition concede right away.

Can't find these details anywhere. If its true then I am dirty about this. Yes, it's competition but they are basically walking on Mark's territory. Why?

Isn't that a nice kick in the "delicates" for Mark.Don't know if I'll be able to afford to go,but I think I'd stick with Ambassador if I did.

6485419771_01e304755f.jpg

Damn.... It's blurry :(

So are this mob licensed travel agents, in addition to being player managers?

Maybe Ambassador should considder entering the player management market, in addition to organising travel tours?

I was under the impression that Mark had some sort of arrangement with the club. If so, why would Zorba, a club official, be part of this?

Business is business but Mark has done a great job setting up the tours so far. He has done the leg work and cultivated the market. He is a staunch Manly fan and the couple of tours that I've been on (Gold Coast & Melbourne) were extremely successful. All a bit odd ...

If i was travelling, i'd go with Ambassador. Trying to have a drinking good time seems more likely with Mark and Co rather than with Zorba and a bunch of players dads.

Thanks for everyone's kind words.

Yes ours IS the official tour,and it is ineed a bit strange that Zorb would be running a tour in opposition, but as Lismore says Travel is competitive today so anyone can have a go.

We have had a number of delays in geting this out...Desgate being the main one and Dave Perry wasn't going to let us release anything until things were 99% locked down.

We hope to have the full details out in a day or so, just having to rejig everything as Etihad has come on board as the tour sponsor for the Sea Eagles trip, players trip and the supporters trip and we had done everything based on our long standing relationship with Emirates.

But I do promise one thing to anyone thinking of coming, being the official tour will have it's advantages.....Tooves is a different animal to Hasler, and the interaction we will have this time will be VERY different to 2009......the supporters tours is an extension of the players trip so we have a heap of fun stuff happening.

Good luck to Zorb and Galaxy (yes didn't even know they were a travel agent), though it's a pity in some ways that for a very small market there's two trips in direct opposition.

Details out within the next two days

Mark from Brisbane said:
Thanks for everyone's kind words.

Yes ours IS the official tour,and it is ineed a bit strange that Zorb would be running a tour in opposition, but as Lismore says Travel is competitive today so anyone can have a go.

We have had a number of delays in geting this out...Desgate being the main one and Dave Perry wasn't going to let us release anything until things were 99% locked down.

We hope to have the full details out in a day or so, just having to rejig everything as Etihad has come on board as the tour sponsor for the Sea Eagles trip, players trip and the supporters trip and we had done everything based on our long standing relationship with Emirates.

But I do promise one thing to anyone thinking of coming, being the official tour will have it's advantages.....Tooves is a different animal to Hasler, and the interaction we will have this time will be VERY different to 2009......the supporters tours is an extension of the players trip so we have a heap of fun stuff happening.

Good luck to Zorb and Galaxy (yes didn't even know they were a travel agent), though it's a pity in some ways that for a very small market there's two trips in direct opposition.

Details out within the next two days

I would travel with your company to the WCC if I could afford it Mark but I am looking forward to the ones that I will be going on next year. I would much rather travel with someone who has plenty of experience than fly by nighter.

What a laugh-galaxy tours.

The guy who runs this is a shonky prick-he used to have a ticketek outlet and got run out of business. Last I heard he was managing Budgewoi caravan park on the central coast.

Be warned :)

quinny said:
What a laugh-galaxy tours.

The guy who runs this is a shonky prick-he used to have a ticketek outlet and got run out of business. Last I heard he was managing Budgewoi caravan park on the central coast.

Be warned :)
Have to be a little careful in what you say here.

This is our sixth year of providing trips to the MWTS and our second tour to the WCC one thing you can be sure of we DO have the runs on the board!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8