WCC could be in OZ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Reported that both Manly and leeds are happy to play in OZ. On FEb 11. Either at suncorp or ANZ

Nice result for the Manly fans

What a great run from the finals for Manly

Killed off the 2 queensland teams in the finals

Then the kiwi team

Then the best pommy team

Can someone please put together a barbarian squad. These teams have got nothing

NEXT

bones said:
I still won't go.

Maybe you can support Leeds. It looks like your looking for a new team. Better than the cowboys mate

Not looking for a new team. Just won't go again until I'm satisfied changes have been made and we don't see a repeat of the last week.

Shoe1 said:
Surely we have won the right to Play this at brookie?

Maybe DES is scared to go back to brookie?

Or those upgrades to the stadium people have been mentioning might happening then?

I'd love to see this at ANZ or SFS. I really wanna see an English team run around in my lifetime (in saying that i'm not even 20 so it'll happen one day!)

Eh, was kind of looking forward to heading over to Ol' Blighty. Might have to can that trip for another day.

On the bright side, it'll save me a tonne of money if it's played in Oz.

Considering Toovs made his playing debut against a touring GB side, if Des was to leave he would be making his coaching debut against a touring side as well.

It would be good but don't think it will.
The RFL sink a lot of money into this and the NRL does nothing.
If they helped out promoting the game instead of leaving it to the NRL clubs involved I have no doubt it would alternate between the two countries

At this stage I am STILL planning for Leeds on the 11th of February 2012.

It's low season (so great airfares and we should get some good deals on accommodation as well) and the exchange rate is much better than it was in 2009, so I am expecting that our costs may not be greatly different to the 2009 trip.

We should have some prelim info and costs out in about two weeks, but we do need to get the 2012 Super League draw out before finalising the trip as it is hoped to fit in another Super League game as well.

We are also considering a pre or post extension to Perpignan in France to see a Le Catlan's Dragons game....that will be costly so that option might depend on this.

Just ensure that you are either on my e-mail data base, or a liker on the MWTS Facebook page to get information as soon as it's released.

Cheers

Hope the NRL seriously consider my suggestion I sent them

To who it may concern
I have a suggestion for 2012
There has been reports that ESL Champs may want to play next seasons world club challenge in Australia so I had an idea that if it's possible that a double header at the SFS or ANZ with the Charity Shield Dragons v Rabbitohs & WCC Manly v Leeds games, it would certainly be a massive nite of Rugby League and draw a huge crowd
Hope you can make it possible
Cheers
John Gleis 

Its hard to imagine they could squeeze it in. I think the WCC is scheduled the same weekend as the pommies millenium round. Which is round one of the proper comp. In fact leeds and another team would be having a bye that weekend as it is. Then returning home with there tails between there legs and playing round 2.

This would make it the same weekend as the all stars game which would give the game a massive boost pre season in australia to have 2 major games being played early in the season.

Regardless it would be good for the Manly club , even though they wouldnt recieve the revenue, there sponsors would recieve plenty of air time and the marketing team have a great commercial opportunities to explore re memberships and merchandise,and more sponsorship deals

The manly club could do with the dough so you would assume as fans we would want that to eventuate

01. Brett Stewart
02. Ben Farrar
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steve Matai
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly-Cherry Evans
08. Jason King
08. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Goerge Rose
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Joe Galuvao

Unlucky: Tim Robinson, Vic Mauro, Dean Whare, Michael Oldfield, Junior Palau (who I think will be coming into contention), Daniel Harrison and James Cunningham.

Also, that, plus one player will be our top 25.

No way Wolfie will be fit to play by February. Fractured vertabraes would take much longer I guess. Whare and Oldfield will be playing first grade one thinks. Please don't put Farrar on the wing though - he is not quick enough. Good utility value but not a winger!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7