We are always painted in a negative light

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Just witnessed Nein news and their story on Manly is all about how upset we are about playing this Fridays game at the SFS rather than Brookvale.

Well derr thats the bleeding obvious isn't it??

They don't have anything positive to say only negative, pandering to the Manly haters out there.

Just shows again that we are news and we are forever hated, long may it continue!!

Didn't see it as negative at all. Same story on 7 and ABC. Just the songbook we were singing from today.

It is plain unfair.

I think that all the finals should be played on neutral territory. thats fair but the NRL would not know fairness if it bit them.

bones said:
No team should be allowed to use ANZ stadium as their home ground. It should be for finals, Grand finals & Origin only.

Can't see ANZ stadium being too thrilled about that.

A fair draw for this weekend based on neutral grounds should be that the Rorters play the Pennies at Homebush , we play the vermin at the SFS and why cant the drizzle play the dogs in Canberra, thats a neutral venue. Play the Donkeys v Cows at Titan park.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
bones said:
No team should be allowed to use ANZ stadium as their home ground. It should be for finals, Grand finals & Origin only.

Can't see ANZ stadium being too thrilled about that.

I don't mean I think it will happen. I just think that in a fair competition, the grand final wouldn't be played on the home ground of any participating team.

The NRL's argument is that they want as many people as possible to go to the games.

I know plenty of people that love THE game but couldn't be stuffed even watching it on tele if THEIR team isn't playing.
Every weekend when I've got the footy on, my wife says "Manly aren't playing, why is it on?"
I don't watch all games but there are some teams / games that I take an interest in.

If the NRL seriously think that there will be neutral supporters ( ie supporters of other teams ) that actually pay for a ticket at Allianz on Friday or Saturday they are seriously deluded.
First week of the semis should be HOME game regardless if it's Brookie, Penrith, Parra, Leichhardt, Kogarah, Rrrremondis etc. If you've earned it, you've friggin' earned it.

If they have that as their agenda then be fair dinkum about it or change the agenda.
I feel just as strongly about this if it was Panthers, imagine the uproar from out there if they had a "home" semi at Allianz v say Parra or the Tigers? They'd be blowing up deluxe as Gus would say.

Same for Parra, it's quicker by public transport from Parra to Allianz than from Brookie.
And both Penrith and Parra have had purpose built, Govt funded stadiums that wouldn't be used if they had earned the right for a home semi.

They'll probs get 23-25k there on Friday, if it was at Brookie they'll get 20k +.
If it's a sellout, then as a custodian/proprietor/marketer of the game, isn't that what you want? Next year more people may get off their arses and buy a ticket BECAUSE they've seen the masses on the TV and wish they were there.. Supply and demand.

They've already sold their soul to TV so why does that extra 5k make any bloody difference? In fact it looks better on TV so.....

I've been going to the footy for over 40 years and have been to only a handful of games that have not involved Manly but someone I've gone with has had a vested interest and generally I go against their team just for the fun of it.

manlyfan76 said:
First week of the finals should be home finals. The weeks after sure play them at the big central stadiums.

Spot on @manlyfan76, teams (and their fans) would receive fair reward for their exertions in the regular comp. They gain (or lose) with that first final's advantage then it's open slather into the big finals. With eight team finals this is fair and all we expect is fairness.

We aren't ALWAYS painted in a negative light, just NEARLY ALWAYS. Especially in News corp outlets and on TV.

For example Gus Gould has had some nice things to say about the Manly Club and its culture over the last few years. Usually in the SMH, But he is directed not to, on Nein, these days. That sort of thing doesn't rate on Rabbitoh TV.

But aside from the recent mystifying King judiciary downgrading, MWSE do usually get worse treatment for the same infringements at the hands of the refs, the MRC and the judiciary. A classic recent case of this was Choc getting 4 weeks for dangerous position tackle, and Reynolds getting two.

Foran got Manly offside with Shame Pain for constant backchatting-arguing. This seemed to affect Hayne for two or three years. That guy is an utter child. We got a raw deal from him, Ceccin and others, which reached its peak in the appalling display that was the 2013 GF, and continues in patches till now.

So Why hasnt more been said of Mick Ennis, whose recent performance in the FTAir Nein match?, which was MUCH WORSE than Foran.
Will the Scumdogs now be offside with the refs too,? Is Dessie trying to create a siege mentality over there now also? Creating a 'hate' to motivate players - todays press interview thingy seems to indicate 'yes'.

Praps its better to painted in a negative light, that way when we do make good, eg 40-Nil in a GF, it seems all the more sweeter for us, and more shocking for all the rest.

The NRL have completely undermined the whole point of playing the regular season games to fight for a Top 2 finish. Before worrying about crowds & stadium deals the NRL should be more concerned about running a fair competition for the teams. Foz is right. The NRL's first priority shouldn't be about crowds and stadiums at all. The Manly 2014 playing squad got dudded. Playing at Brookie would give Manly the reward and advantage they earned by coming 2nd. Manly are one of the 16 teams that entered. The rules should be the same for all 16.

For Manly, the fact they're playing the Rabbitohs on what is geographically South Sydney turf is a gross and unjust disadvantage.

"It's unfair in my eyes," Manly's five-eighth and players' player of the season Kieran Foran said. "You work your arse off all year to finish first or second, yet we've got to go out and play at Allianz.

"It should be played at Brookie in my eyes. It just means our fans have got to travel further.

"But there is nothing we can do about it. We've just got to get on with it and hope that our fans travel out there with us and give us the support that we need."

The value of the raucous Brookvale home crowd was rammed home in Manly's stunning come-from-behind win over Penrith two starts ago, rising in volume and belief with each point shaved off the deficit.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/south-sydney-rabbitohs/a-spit-bridge-too-far-as-manly-sea-eagles-moan-over-travelling-to-allianz-stadium-20140910-10f3br.html

There is nothing fair about the scheduling either - that was totally a subjective decision made this year by the NRL that changes the McIntyre System of the last decade :dodgy:

The only competition in the world where the 1st Qualifying Final is played after 2nd Qualifying Final - FFS :mad:

But, Manly can win anywhere and at anytime if they enthuse :angel:

They don't call us Manly Wahingers for nothing lol Jace said at least the refereeing will be fair as we get loads of home calls. ;):D
Who cares if no one likes us?

Scoop from Paul Kent on the BSB....Brookvale Oval only holds 13,000 and Manly just make the 18K + figure up.

Where do these dopes get their info from and how can they just lie

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4