We are embarrassing - winning the comps is years away.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
That was one of the worst defeats I have seen at home ever

You don't lose being up 20-0 with a 8-2 penalty count in your favour against a team with 5 first graders out.
It is NOT THE MANLY WAY
The team should go back and watch their pre season Netflix series

Okay, and look at their pathways, memberships, business models, recruitment, ability to adapt with modern football. We are stuck in perpetual 2011-2012 structures & standards (great back then, out of date now).

5th (this season)
12th - coaching change
11th
4th (finals)
13th
6th (finals)
15th - coaching change
6th (finals)
13th
9th - coaching change

played in 3 finals in 10 years (including this one), pumped in all of them. On average that's 9th-10th over a decade. That is absolute rubbish and mediocrity in its fullest. A DECADE Disco.

Kudos to Scott Penn.

He sure is consistent.

Okay, and look at their pathways, memberships, business models, recruitment, ability to adapt with modern football. We are stuck in perpetual 2011-2012 structures & standards (great back then, out of date now).

5th (this season)
12th - coaching change
11th
4th (finals)
13th
6th (finals)
15th - coaching change
6th (finals)
13th
9th - coaching change

played in 3 finals in 10 years (including this one), pumped in all of them. On average that's 9th-10th over a decade. That is absolute rubbish and mediocrity in its fullest. A DECADE Disco.
I make a point of saying Im not necessarily talking about Manly.

I'm simply saying I think saying any club cant win a premiership in 10 years is shaky claim.

Look at Penrith. Go back 10 years to 2014, they have come off three years of finishing 12th, 15th and 10th, with an ordinary run stretching back further. The are a middling club at best. Some with bravado could have been spouting a similar claim 'cant win in 10 years', cant compete with the 'Storm, Manly, Roosters etc'

They then go prelim, 11th, semi, semi, semi, 10th, runner up, premiers, premiers, premiers.

I wouldnt even claim that the Tigers cant win a premiership in 10 years.

An interesting point made by a Canberra supporter I know. He watched the game carefully and he was convinced Manly ran out of steam. Said they were excellent to start but the forwards in particular started to puff and slow down. He wondered if there is a fitness issue. He believes if Manly was fully fit they would steam roll many teams. They just run out of puff. Is there a fitness issue? He also considered the interchange use was odd.

An interesting point made by a Canberra supporter I know. He watched the game carefully and he was convinced Manly ran out of steam. Said they were excellent to start but the forwards in particular started to puff and slow down. He wondered if there is a fitness issue. He believes if Manly was fully fit they would steam roll many teams. They just run out of puff. Is there a fitness issue? He also considered the interchange use was odd.
A couple might have lost a bit of fitness with a couple of injuries since Vegas but I keep hearing Andrew John's say we look very fit this year. He said it again before last weekend. I admit I haven't looked at other teams b4 writing this but we have had a number of travel games in a fairly short period and some tough physical games, so it wouldn't shock me that some big fellas might not be running on all pistons every game. And I'm not trying to make excuses for them coz it's what they do for a living and they're professional athletes but I just think it's unrealistic to expect every forward to be on song every week. Of course, I'll still be yelling at them on the tele tonight if they play cr*p 😂

A couple might have lost a bit of fitness with a couple of injuries since Vegas but I keep hearing Andrew John's say we look very fit this year. He said it again before last weekend. I admit I haven't looked at other teams b4 writing this but we have had a number of travel games in a fairly short period and some tough physical games, so it wouldn't shock me that some big fellas might not be running on all pistons every game. And I'm not trying to make excuses for them coz it's what they do for a living and they're professional athletes but I just think it's unrealistic to expect every forward to be on song every week. Of course, I'll still be yelling at them on the tele tonight if they play cr*p 😂

Umderstand it is not my opnion being expressed here. Its someone from an opposition supporter base, and just one individual at that. Its just interesting that from an outside perspective, that's what he observed. Also read an item suggesting the Manly forwards aren't making sufficient big ground for Turbo to have an impact. I personally note statistically (noting some teams have had byes) that Manly has the second best attack, but the eleventh best defense. This has been previously mentioned but it says something about Manly's ability to hold other teams out from scoring. Fitness? Structure? I know its only one week but Manly missed 35 tackles in the last game. Canberra 23. In each of the past 3 games the opposition has fewer missed tackles than Manly. No wonder Manly struggles to win.

Well looking at the bright side now that the season is well and truly fuked I don't get so depressed at the losses now that I expect them. Maybe next year we might get to at least tax time before we throw in the towel.

Its interesting that Manly started with some promise well last year and then fell away. The side seems to be heading the same way this year.

Well looking at the bright side now that the season is well and truly fuked I don't get so depressed at the losses now that I expect them. Maybe next year we might get to at least tax time before we throw in the towel.
I doubt it.

Look at Penrith. Go back 10 years to 2014, they have come off three years of finishing 12th, 15th and 10th, with an ordinary run stretching back further. The are a middling club at best. Some with bravado could have been spouting a similar claim 'cant win in 10 years', cant compete with the 'Storm, Manly, Roosters etc'

They then go prelim, 11th, semi, semi, semi, 10th, runner up, premiers, premiers, premiers.

You havent mentioned the "hand of god" touched them in 2019.

NRL's version of Vince Lombardi arrived in the form of Trent Barrett as assistant coach.

Success was assured from this point

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10