We are gone and we need answers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
Firstly a big thank you for our new captain Jamie lyon been an inspiration all year and 110% all year.

Also a big thank you to Glen Stewart for not doing anything all year and copping a 4 week suspension at the most important time all of the year and add Tony williams as well who only performs at 50% each week.

The only player we will gain from this year is Brett Stewart subject to his trial later this month.
I am not sure what the players are being paid but obviously they are stale.
david Dropsie williams will be a 250k player that should be playing nsw cup next year as we have hopoate next year.

we need to start to looking at freeing some money from the cap with time wasters. I think we need to start with Bailey, David Williams, Michael robinson and Tony Williams.

I like robo but we have 2 great young players that can step up and would free up atleast 600k where we can put it towards a rep player.

Hopoate and Oldfeild are the future of the club and we need to start looking at youth.

We have lost Tasi another forward going to the roosters. We need to keep these young players.

For the record slickster it is Glenn, Robertson and Oldfield. Hopoate is a FB and David Williams is a winger. You forgot Whare. Glad you know your team. And how do you propose we get out of their contracts?

ManlyBacker link said:
And how do you propose we get out of their contracts?
  If you're talking about Bailey, spike his drinks on Mad Monday and then drug test him.

Seriously, why would anyone suggest getting rid of Robertson? He hasn't missed a game in four seasons. He is very reliable, and was again one of our best (although that's not saying much).
Fair dinkum, he is one of the mainstays of the team.
I think after two seasons we have seen what T-Rex can, and won't do. Unless he can play in the fowards I wouldn't persist with him. It was 20 minutes into today's game before he touched the ball.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185066.msg290885#msg290885 date=1283688031]
  If you're talking about Bailey, spike his drinks on Mad Monday and then drug test him.
[/quote]
hahaha one of your best mata

That is totally ridiculous. Robertson is a champion and has been one of our best. A better finisher might be found in one or two other teams but to suggest getting rid of him is a joke.

Slickster,The only sacking i agree with is Bailey and how can you take aim at Glenn when his brother is in this ridiculous court case?

Have a heart dude

Here is an answer for you, Look at the difference between these sides, the 1st at full strength, the 2nd what we have at the moment

Stewart Farrar
Robertson Robertson
Matai Matai
Farrar Lyon
D.Williams T.Williams
Lyon Foran
Foran Hodkinson
King King
Ballin Ballin
Kite Kite
Watmough Watmough
Rodney Galuvao
Stewart Bailey

Look at the difference in the 13 at full strength and the 13 we tossed out yesterday

Matabele link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185066.msg290885#msg290885 date=1283688031]
[/quote]

Haha.. Gold!

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Here is an answer for you, Look at the difference between these sides, the 1st at full strength, the 2nd what we have at the moment

Stewart Farrar
Robertson Robertson
Matai Matai
Farrar Lyon
D.Williams T.Williams
Lyon Foran
Foran Hodkinson
King King
Ballin Ballin
Kite Kite
Watmough Watmough
Rodney Galuvao
Stewart Bailey

Look at the difference in the 13 at full strength and the 13 we tossed out yesterday

The only problem is we had those guys there at the beginning of the season and we still performed poorly.

That is not correct, after 10 weeks or so before the injuries started really hitting us we were running 2nd and up there as competition favourite

Kiwi Eagle link said:
That is not correct, after 10 weeks or so before the injuries started really hitting us we were running 2nd and up there as competition favourite

We lost the first two games of the season and at no point did we do better than 4 in a row and against weak opposition.

I guess we will find out next year won't we. What excuse will you come up with when we get the same **** dished up next year?

Can you name me all the class sides in the comp that win more than 4 in a row at some point during the year ? Go back and kooknat the results and see where we were prior to the injuries starting after the saints game. If you want another example of the impact of injuries look no further than the warriors, were hammered by injury early on, were going crap and are now with a fit squad a real chance of winning the comp

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Can you name me all the class sides in the comp that win more than 4 in a row at some point during the year ? Go back and kooknat the results and see where we were prior to the injuries starting after the saints game. If you want another example of the impact of injuries look no further than the warriors, were hammered by injury early on, were going crap and are now with a fit squad a real chance of winning the comp

Without even looking I can name Canberra, Easts & St George and I think Penrith had a run of 5.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4