We are missing the point on the betting allegations.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Whether it happened or not will never be known IMO. This issue is only a problem because we allowed the seeds to be sown for a possible future problem in front of our eyes.Does the club seriously think letting these grubs in the dressing room would aid team culture and help the Manly brand?How the f..ck did Johns keep his job with Heyson on the prowl.John''s whole life disintegrated in front of our eyes at drugcastle with Eddie as his cheerleader and we invite him into the house.FMD!!

This attitude that pervades the game that if it cant be proven it never happened is a joke!Clubs themselves need to be proactive.Waiting for a court to do the work for you will end in tears.It is like insider trading.Everyone knows it is rife and 3 guys go to prison in 50 years.

Simple edict. Do not cavort with these clowns if you want a contract. It is not that hard.Let the Eels deal with this ****.It is just another updated version of the no dickhead policy.

Last edited:
Manly are fighting the NRL to register a self confessed stand over man as we speak .

Second chance bleats, but he wasn't collecting for charity :confused:

Manly has to look at the wider implications or spend their monies on defamation lawyers for the forseeable future :cool:

Happy in certain select circumstances I can see some justification in the club giving an individual a second chance if they genuinely think he can rehabilitate. And I stress genuinely.

This case is different in that there is zero upside and no possible reason for allowing these guys anywhere near our club.

Well Fulton and numerous others (i.e. Delmege) have never had a problem with Hopoate's innate stupidity. So why should anyone think anything has changed?

I certainly was a bit concerned when I read about how the Gai Waterhouse and Singleton feud started and how Johns was in our Presidential Lounge or Corporate Box with Hayson. I remember thinking - this can't be good!

He should never have been allowed in even if he was Johns guest.

Yep @susan Couldnt agree more. And I'm actually really sad more than anything that the club thought it ok to have Heyson, Ange, etc. in the dressing rooms or around the official areas of the club at any time ever.

If they were unable to control the people doing the inviting, then they had to be moved on, no matter how good.

We are seeing the inevitable here whether it's proven or not.

I can only imagine how awful it was for Tooves trying to do his job in such an atmosphere.

Bottom line, we fans watch our team to get away from the tough stuff in life (in my case, my mother's dementia that is tormenting her at every moment of every day). We don't need this rubbish in our entertainment.

Manly need to take a leaf out of the Swans book and act accordingly. Until then, I'm off to the Swans for my happy distraction. See ya there @Ryan !!

Whether it happened or not will never be known IMO. This issue is only a problem because we allowed the seeds to be sown for a possible future problem in front of our eyes.Does the club seriously think letting these grubs in the dressing room would aid team culture and help the Manly brand?How the f..ck did Johns keep his job with Heyson on the prowl.John''s whole life disintegrated in front of our eyes at drugcastle with Eddie as his cheerleader and we invite him into the house.FMD!!

This attitude that pervades the game that if it cant be proven it never happened is a joke!Clubs themselves need to be proactive.Waiting for a court to do the work for you will end in tears.It is like insider trading.Everyone knows it is rife and 3 guys go to prison in 50 years.

Simple edict. Do not cavort with these clowns if you want a contract. It is not that hard.Let the Eels deal with this ****.It is just another updated version of the no dickhead policy.
Wonder if it will jeopardise bozos 2nd chance halfway house

I can't help thinking if Des was the coach there would never have been any allegations of tanking.. It would be unthinkable.. He had the team so tightly bonded that they could never consider such a thing. Us against the world. The players knew it, the fans new it.

This all is ok to say that Johns and Hayson should not be together, Hayson has been a mate of Forans for 10 years also and has that ever been an issue to anyone. Reportedly a mate of the Stewarts, ever been an issue?. Ill bet if he is mates with the Stewarts there is one fat greek that wont be saying much about it, might be a bit close to home this connection if true.

The fact is has anyone done anything wrong, at this stage it looks like a big NO.
Sure I wouldnt want Hayson in my house or taking out my daughter, but he isn't on parole, convicted bikie or convicted drug dealer that Im aware of is he? , he is just a sh1tbag brothel owner and punter.

This all is ok to say that Johns and Hayson should not be together, Hayson has been a mate of Forans for 10 years also and has that ever been an issue to anyone. Reportedly a mate of the Stewarts, ever been an issue?. Ill bet if he is mates with the Stewarts there is one fat greek that wont be saying much about it, might be a bit close to home this connection if true.

The fact is has anyone done anything wrong, at this stage it looks like a big NO.
Sure I wouldnt want Hayson in my house or taking out my daughter, but he isn't on parole, convicted bikie or convicted drug dealer that Im aware of is he? , he is just a sh1tbag brothel owner and punter.

Oh please! Ask anyone in the horse racing game what Eddies modus operandi is. He is not just mates with them,he was in the sheds and around the club.Shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a dressing shed. What is the upside.

They can hang around him for sure;just do it at Parra.

Never been an issue for anyone....hasn't it all ended sweet and dandy for Kieran.,,chronic gambler hanging around with these guys.

Oh please! Ask anyone in the horse racing game what Eddies modus operandi is. He is not just mates with them,he was in the sheds and around the club.Shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a dressing shed. What is the upside.

They can hang around him for sure;just do it at Parra.

Never been an issue for anyone....hasn't it all ended sweet and dandy for Kieran.,,chronic gambler hanging around with these guys.

Thats ok Susan, but no one is guilty of anything at the moment and it looks like they wont be, IMO. But just because some players hang around sh1tbags, they aren't guilty of throwing a game for cash.

IT is all just a rumour that the media have gone absolutely mad on.

I agree we should never have let have let john near the joint. The fact remains that he wouldn't have led the others to temptation. Whoever else is involved, Manly great or not, is just as guilty. We have many undesirables at Manly from the management to the playing group. Some of the players from the last decade that we have held in the highest regard have shown themselves to be pretty ordinary blokes. I don't like it as much as the next guy but it is what it is. Like someone else said hopefully the sh*t hits the fan and it leads to a huge clear out, from the Penns to Zorba to any A hole that thinks it OK to rig a game in a Manly Jersey.

Hayson is 48. If Foran was mates with a 38 year old crime figure at 16 then that's great news. Worked out just dandy for everyone.

You want a bloke heavily involved in organized crime involved in your football club then fine.

I don't so we agree to disagree.

Hayson is 48. If Foran was mates with a 38 year old crime figure at 16 then that's great news. Worked out just dandy for everyone.

You want a bloke heavily involved in organized crime involved in your football club then fine.

I don't so we agree to disagree.
Liam is reportedly the brothel owners associate.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/802df20bbb7dd3febfdf781311d02edb
“..
Foran, his brother Liam and Hayson were spotted by senior Manly figures in a Brisbane nightclub the night of the Manly double header against Brisbane at Suncorp.

Sources close to Foran claim Hayson has taken a growing role in the NRL star’s life, along with Foran’s brother, Liam, who acts as Hayson’s assistant in business dealings...“

Last edited:
Thats ok Susan, but no one is guilty of anything at the moment and it looks like they wont be, IMO. But just because some players hang around sh1tbags, they aren't guilty of throwing a game for cash.

IT is all just a rumour that the media have gone absolutely mad on.
I have never once said they threw a game.In fact the Parra game doesn't stack up as being rigged at all.

That was the POINT OF THE POST ....the match fixing thing is secondary and we should be more concerned about our community, club culture and brand which is not helped by having an organized crime figure around the club.That is the real issue unless the betting is proven.

If you missed them the published newspaper articles about Andrew Johns connection with Hayson and Hayson character generally makes for very very interesting reading.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4