We are no longer the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
We are now no longer the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Kaspersky have bought the naming rights and we are now officially known as the Kaspersky Sea Eagles. As part of the deal Kaspersky have extended sponsorship until 2015

Am guessing it has resulted on a big financial win for the club but can't say I'm a big fan of it personally

Actually a couple of minutes later change me from not a fan to hating it.

So all of the players game totals wont count as one club just like some say about the Beaver?

I don't think that will be effected at all, the club will still be recognized as the existing club but play under the Kaspersky brand. The Warriors have been the Vodafone Warriors for a while now

No different to the mid 90's when we were the Pepsi Sea Eagles. I have no problem with it.

if it adds to the kitty then doesn't really bother me. It has crept in the game slowly for a while now, on game day there seems to be most clubs using it whenever their announcers say it, so if it brings in more cash for the club, then cool. as mentioned, warriors been doing it for a while, and old mate gould was always banging on his Sanyo Panthers in commentary (but dont think he has used Oak Panthers?) I'm sure the logo on merchandise and gear will still say Manly Warringah as you can never bank on super long term sponsors these days the way companies go bust or move on, so i'd say it more a promotional tactic rather than a 'change of name' so to speak.

Can't say I'm crazy about it, but these are the times we live in. That been said, maybe the kaspersky sea eagles need kaspersky grand stands, refurbs and facilities to play in and in front of?

Just how wealthy is this company?

I understand the reasons why we would do it etc, I'm just a bit of a traditionalist with my sport but these are the signs of the times

Moondog said:
So that's it then, we're the Kasperskys....yeah right, we're still the mighty Sea Eagles...

Money, money, money. Lotsa money. Its a rich man's world.

In the end doesnt really matter because effectively it is still Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, just not identified that way. But wait till you hear on the hill that 'Manly...Manly....Manly'. They wont be shouting 'Kaspersky...Kaspersky....Kaspersky..' that's for sure. And when Kaspersky decides to invest elsewhere, which will eventually happen, will we continue to be called Kaspersky Sea Eagles or Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. Its just a publicity push. Let em enjoy their period of success with the great Sea Eagles. We'll just keep shouting Manly

Hi guys,

No change in logo or official naming of the Club. Legally we continue to be the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

You will just notice that the Kaspersky logo will appear next to our primary logo the majority of the time, and some marketing material may refer to us as the Kaspersky Sea Eagles.

We are extremely happy to have Kaspersky signed on for an increased and extended partnership. They were great luck for us in the first year of our partnership, let's hope it continues!

Cheers & Go Manly!

Larissa

If you don't like it, then you're a communist. Its a capitalist world! Money rules the roost.

Larissa said:
Hi guys,

No change in logo or official naming of the Club. Legally we continue to be the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

You will just notice that the Kaspersky logo will appear next to our primary logo the majority of the time, and some marketing material may refer to us as the Kaspersky Sea Eagles.

We are extremely happy to have Kaspersky signed on for an increased and extended partnership. They were great luck for us in the first year of our partnership, let's hope it continues!

Cheers & Go Manly!

Larissa
... Thanks Larissa

Napper said:
How long have Tooheys been a major sponsor?

I will now drink no other beer!
Any beer is good beer. Free beer is the best beer. If it's brown drink it....."He was a wise man who invented beer"- Socrates. ( Socrates himself is particularly missed, a lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed).

Larissa said:
Hi guys,

Cheers & Go Manly!

Larissa

Hey @[Larissa],

Shouldn't that now be "Cheers & Go Kaspersky!" :p

Stop casting kaspersions everyone.

I might pop down to Kasperski Wharf to catch the Kasperski ferry across to the city.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4