We Are The 2009 Premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilentBob

Bencher
;D :D ;D

[img=300x400]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_aM9NBZGhAWQ/Sxoahh-rsuI/AAAAAAAAACU/ziM98N8PUdQ/s512/parralol1.jpg[/img]

[img=300x400]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_aM9NBZGhAWQ/SxoahgjnTZI/AAAAAAAAACY/1TuCpaNzECE/s512/parralol2.jpg[/img]

You can also now buy t-shirts which say Central Coast north Sydney bears premiers 2013?  At least you can get a few years wear out of them before they are obsolete.

Anyone have a MANLY WARRINGAH 1995 PREMIERS T-Shirt?.

The one that should have been. One of the best Manly sides that just didn't do it on big day.

Matabele link said:
Morally we're the 1995 and 1997 Premiers.

Agreed.  1995 a forward pass and a seventh tackle play got the first try for the dogs.

And in 1997 Robbie O'Davis was at least 2 inches short of the line when he grounded the ball.  Regardless of other chemical help they might have had.

That's a terrible looking t-shirt for any team winning the trophy. 

Since it's dropped in value, maybe their fans can now afford it.  That's what you get for chucking coins... the Parra fan's version of investment.

eagle-rock08 link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182126.msg247016#msg247016 date=1260140696]
Morally we're the 1995 and 1997 Premiers.

Agreed.  1995 a forward pass and a seventh tackle play got the first try for the dogs.

And in 1997 Robbie O'Davis was at least 2 inches short of the line when he grounded the ball.  Regardless of other chemical help they might have had.
[/quote]  Plus on their penultimate try there was a pass a mile forward, caught by Fletcher. 

In 1997 Toovs was deliberately stomped on in the last few minutes under the nose of that ref dickhead and we should have got a penalty.  Druggos the lot of them.  Hate and despise all drugcastle players and supporters.  

tookey link said:
Just like Norths won the grand final's in 1921 and 1922.

Don't make me laugh ! ! !

Since Grand Finals did not start in their current form at the end of every season until 1954, Norths have never won a Grand Final let alone appear in one.  The closest that they have ever been to winning a Grand Final was in 1943 when they appeared in their one and only Grand Final which was the result of a "right of challenge" system (which only called for a Grand Final if the Minor Premiers had lost a Semi-Final or Final) but in this instance Newtown thrashed them 34 to 7.

Premiers in 1921 and 1922 yes but definitely not Grand Final winners.

The only reason Norths won anything was because the north shore toffs refused to fight in the Great War and then they insulated themselves from the Spanish influenza that ravaged the rest of Sydney. 

Tooks....even I can admit that Manly were robbed for "various" reasons against The Knights mate. The cheats should have been stripped of their Premiership, and it should have been handed to the rightful winners in - well, US (Manly).

And guys - re: Bears winning in 21/22.

When Man U, Chelsea or The Gunners win their competition (EPL), have they won their Premiership? Realistically, yeah.

FFS, Bears supporters have suffered enough already just having to support that club in the 1st place. Don't begrudge them that little fantasy. 

Ryan link said:
FFS, Bears supporters have suffered enough already just having to support that club in the 1st place. Don't begrudge them that little fantasy. 

Ryan I don't pity them I despise them - having to rely on a 'fantasy' than happened prior to the Great Depression just goes to show why Manly supporters should treat them with disdain.

PS You do make a good point that they won those titles fairly and those were the rules they played to in that era - however knowing their history there is no doubt they would have choked in a Grand Final had it been played

Fro link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=182126.msg247063#msg247063 date=1260164852]
In 1997 Toovs was deliberately stomped on in the last few minutes under the nose of that ref dickhead   

first half I thought?
[/quote]  Second half.  Around 65-70 minutes in.

sweet, Cheers Mata, I can't remember last Tuesday, let alone 12 years ago on a day I try to forget .

That comes from living in such a forgettable place.  I'd say your memories of that day are addled from the petrol fumes and bogan roars wafting down the mountain.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4