We are the second worst at . . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
letting in tries from kicks. We've conceded 15. Only Parra (16) are worse than us. It's not surprising when considering we lost our two best wingers, Robbo and Hoppa Jrn, but it does highlight that we have a problem. I think we all know who the problem is. I also believes it undermines the opinions of some on here that disregard the importance of wingers in the modern game.

Or it could be interpreted that because our line is so tough to break, that teams have to kick more often against us. Stats can be useful to an extent but in terms of tries conceeded, rather than by kick I would think something like where on the field would be more beneficial to analyse. ie left, middle or right.

I think this settles things then !!

Obviously Taufua is responsible for all 15 of them and it is time to strong the noose up ;)

Most have been at Tafua & recently started a thread due to the lack of support he got, in particular 1 game stood out.
Kicking does show respect to opposition red zone defence as stated previously, but I agree with this thread in the sense its 1 of very limited weakness we have shown in 2012.
Like any problem area its good to find out now than cop an airial raid come finals time, Tooves will have this kink ironed out if not already done.

Jorge will come good, but I will say this. As a team we don't appear to be too good at legally blocking attacking players from contesting the kick. IMO this needs to be addressed more than the other problem. Other teams just seem to do it better than us.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I think this settles things then !!

Obviously Taufua is responsible for all 15 of them and it is time to strong the noose up ;)

Neither Matai or Jorge can jump, or choose not to contest bombs. I understand that Matai has an injury which restricts his ability to catch balls above his head. Jorge is not built for jumping. I've said before that he would be better suited to a position in the forwards. With Matai and Jorge defending on the same left side it is a weakeness imo. The stats seem to bear this out. It is one of the few weakeness we have. Naturally when Wolfman, Whare and Oldfield are available the problem is solved.

Gotta be honest, outside of a game or 2, I don't think Taufua has been that bad under the high ball.
The game he did get a caning for against Brisbane, Yow Yeh beat him in the air, has done that to many people. The other 2 were 1 near Matai and the other was midfield off a sloppy play, hardly his fault really but it is all aimed at him

Not much different from the majority of comments on here over the off season and even into this season that Barba was a **** fullback because of a few bad weeks last year

Kiwi Eagle said:
Gotta be honest, outside of a game or 2, I don't think Taufua has been that bad under the high ball.
The game he did get a caning for against Brisbane, Yow Yeh beat him in the air, has done that to many people. The other 2 were 1 near Matai and the other was midfield off a sloppy play, hardly his fault really but it is all aimed at him

Not much different from the majority of comments on here over the off season and even into this season that Barba was a s**t fullback because of a few bad weeks last year

I agree he isn't as bad as some people make out, but that one against Brisbane was ordinary. He was caught in two minds, whether to go for it full tilt or hang back, wait for Yow Yeh to catch it and then tackle him. That said, he's a young guy and mistakes like that happen. He'll learn from it.

Taufua and Matai are both great runners from dummy half from our own end, well Matai's great and Taufua is pretty good. Anyway, it would make sense to have them on opposite sides of the field to harness this. When Oldfield plays though, he has to be outside Lyon.

**** that's right !!

Was watching the 2011 highlights DVD last week and had that try Yow Yeh scored in that in my mind. Must have been over Robbo that one

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2