WE could miss the finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
The only team that threatens to take our finals spot is the rabbits they are on a differential of plus 31 we are plus 41,is they win next week by more than ten and we lose we are out of the finals,have a look at the full ladder http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/NRLBaileyLadder/tabid/10251/Default.aspx
thank god they are playing st george though,lets play the chokers smash them so we make the 8.

wouldnt surprise me if bennett rests players for finals.......

its our destiny this year to miss the 8.canberra will smash broncos with no wallace or lockyer.....40 plus...and souths will beat saints cause they will rest players....we will get beat by bulldogs cause kimmorly and patten factor....goodnight....2010...

to be honest and as hard it is to say i think missing the finals will be the best thing for the side.

we won't do any damage in the finals this year but if we miss them it might put some fire in the bellies for 2011.

Bennett won't rest players.  He can't afford to let the side limp into the finals with a loss under the belt and resurrect the choker monkey.

Why do we need to scrape into the finals??..so we can be roadkill the following week. No point making the 8 its a waste of an extra week to prepare for 2011 season.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
We could be a different side come semi's urgency wise.

Don't forget the choke factor of the other teams in the finals.
Roarters, tigers, warriors, panthers and raiders have stuff all finals experience and might struggle to turn up for matches that count.
St choke (say no nore) and gold coast choked last year which will increase the pressure on them.

Thats the 1 advantage we have over the other teams........thats about it though  :-\

Its basically anyones game once the finals start. Every team in the 8 has played awesome footy and terrible footy at stages this year.

Refs to decide the premiers.

Yep Bennett wont rest players, if he does and souths win, they will more than likely be playing the Dragons week 1. The last thing you want (especially if you are a dragons fan) is the bunnies coming up against you with the belief they can beat you.

The 8 will be:

Dragons
Titans or Tigers (Tigers have lots of injuries but +/- is very close. Titans need to win by 16+ to jump into 2nd)
Titans or Panthers or Roosters (If Tigers beat Titans, Penrith jump into 3rd, if not they remain 4th. Roosters beat Cowboys, if Titans lose they drop to 5th)
Eagles (Will beat Dogs)
Warriors (Will lose to Parra)
Raiders (Should make it win or lose)

Even if Broncos win i dont think it will be enough to jump the raiders.

Therefore first week will be:

Dragons v Raiders
Tigers/Titans v Warriors
Tigers/Titans/Panthers v Eagles
Titans/Penrith v Roosters

Broncos will lose to Raiders, but you never know. Lockyer might play with needles. If the Broncos win, we will be in the 8 as we have a far superior points differential.

Eels will be up for a big game to send Cayless off as a winner, and also to say goodbye to Mateo, Inu and Keating.

Dragons will play full strentgh team as the last time they rested players (against Raiders) they got hammered.

We will beat Bulldogs as we will be desperate for a win. But, I remember back to 2002 NE days when all we needed was a win, and got absolutely polexed by the Panthers. I have faith in my team that we will win this week, and make a dent in the finals.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6