We need a BK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Wow, lots of misery around here lately..... We got to keep our chins up fans, forget the game fixing.... I bet(lol) this all comes to nothing, but what is a real concern is our pride passion take no prisoners attitude is gone... We are playing like a team of sole less individuals, we need a boost from a player that will scrap over a bone at the 80th min no matter winning or losing. Ben Kennedy is the type we need again, we have a lot going wrong at the place at the moment but the re build needs to be smart with players to build the club spirit back to a place where teams feared to play us..... From coach to new recruits , none of them are manly or even show a spirit like they could. I believe Toovey or Hasler is a must to this rebuild, either one of the two would have us back in the top eight in no time. My blue print would be a BK type player ,an injection of juniors (knight)or young promising stars on the way up to start a new crop of manly culture and team spirit, and to finish a coach with strong tires to this club and spirit its carried for 70 years.

You guys need to get over Toovey. The Penns don't want him & Bozo was part of the group that got rid of him. I've got a huge amount of respect for Toove's but unless there's a change of ownership, he won't be back.

As for a new "BK" type of player? It's probably in the plans. Former or current international. Inspirational senior player, experienced at working with young players. You could argue that Myles is possibly the new BK. Although if not Myles…. then who?

What we need is an owner, management team, coach and team of players that all give a fark together,,..Thats what we need. We had no spirit in 2015 and 16 is worst. Well done to Penn, Bozo, Zorba & Co for the disintegration of the Manly culture. Glad i got my 10 year pin I cant imagine what would make me chip in for this mob in 17... The joint has a disease in it that just keeps spreading.

Just a thought, do you think our current leadership group could hinder the emergence of such a player. Im not saying they are but it appears the players have had more swing than they should have,

The perceived daly issue etc makes me wonder if the old heads dictate too much and look to keep themselves in the top spot

Just chucking it out there, not saying its so. Never thought id say this about players that have earnt so much respect but its a possability the team may find its mojo once they move on

Ben Kennedy was a one in a generation pick up, he just clicked with us, and played superbly well past his use by date according to others.

Doubt we will ver get another like that , well in my lifetime anyway.

If I could sign anyone it would be jesse Bromwich but would be no hope of getting him. I'll go controversial for a cheaper price. Greg Bird = mongrel.
I'll get smashed for it but think Rambo and Reilly. We need the intimidation factor

Don't laugh but JWH would be my pick to be the new BK he has ties to the club and provides good leadership on the field. That report on him today was bogus

JWH "could perhaps" be a candidate but only if the Roosters decided they didn't want him anymore. He considers himself a Rooster & loves the club. The Roosters see him as their forward leader & are unlikely to let him go.

Then again, there was a time when we considered Gift & Watmough our forward leaders.

So people still think the owners are deliberately trying to **** up the club why? Because they enjoy blowing millions of dollars for vendettas and bit of fun..? lol

So people still think the owners are deliberately trying to **** up the club why? Because they enjoy blowing millions of dollars for vendettas and bit of fun..? lol
Yeah nah. Just think they cocked up the coaching side of things. Vendettas there yes

A BK type is an absolute must for me. I really thought that Myles would be that guy.....nope.

Who that could be? Very very tough question to answer. You really need an international or origin player that commands respect and that players would respect.

Jesse Bromwich. (Definitely a good choice)
Luke Lewis. (Not sure how he is physically but always liked the thought of him at Manly)
Paul Gallen (maybe that's a bit left field, but isn't he quitting origin and perhaps looking for the next challenge)
JWH (we could do worse)
Sam Burgess (again he seems a bit off with Souths, could a move to us revive him a bit, the chance to lead Jake and Kapow?)

Not sold on Greg Bird and Beau Scott

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7