We need a top 8 coach.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need a coach who can turn this club into one that challenges for the title. A proven and consistent coach that regularly gets his team to finish in the finals even though his team might not be much chop, that is the sort of coach this club needs. If Manly can not afford it than make DCE coach we sure as hell pay him enough@:D.

Last edited:
Barrett is proven what we all though at the start of the year he is not up to coaching NRL just yet. His experiments are all failing like Taupau in the backrow, walker at 5/8 is a complete disaster and is making us lose games. Going into 2016 with only one half was absolutely ****en stupid!!!! We better start winning some games

Well we don't want to go after flash in the pan coaches like stewart, lol that's for sure. I am talking about coaches that rarely miss the 8. I am pretty sure there are plenty around here that would like tearing the heart and soul out of the dogs, storm or Brisbane.

We should be going after Des with everything we have.

No idea who thought Barrett would be better than Toovey. It wasn't any of us on here. We gave Trent our full support but none of us woke up one morning last year and went I've got it: Trent Barrett is the answer. No offence to Trent personally of course.

We should be going after Des with everything we have.

No idea who thought Barrett would be better than Toovey. It wasn't any of us on here. We gave Trent our full support but none of us woke up one morning last year and went I've got it: Trent Barrett is the answer. No offence to Trent personally of course.
I would love for Des to come back, Others would prefer we never win another game before he comes back. Its really split down the middle. Who knows perhaps it not even the coach and it just our ageing squad. I guess by power of deduction we will soon find out.

i fall on the side of not wanting him back ! but i would fall on my own sword and admit we need HIM back they can deny it all they like but dollar de$ isnt a bulldog,doggler needs to come home !! I get the feeling Barrett is keeping the seat warm and bozo will realise this stupid and risky experiment of getting an unproven bloke into a winning culture like manly was wrong wrong wrong !!!!

THE SOONER THE BETTER CHAMP ....

as for PENN manly didnt win last night but his pockets did thats all he cares about

Jack Gibson couldn't coach our current roster.

We have many many issues.

If they are not addressed promptly we will become the next Wedts Tigers.

Jack Gibson couldn't coach our current roster.

We have many many issues.

If they are not addressed promptly we will become the next Wedts Tigers.

.. I beg to differ Bob ... I think a great coach could result in a huge improvement with our current roster ... including some of the juniors ...won't bother naming names its been done so often by Turbo :rolleyes:

Let's see how Barrett goes if and when the old brigade in the backs move on and those dead weight forwards that were not wanted bugger off.

Knight will come in soon, Fanua-Blake wil have another year under his belt and I am sure there are plans in place for replacements next year.

I am as frustrated as evwryone else. But as soon as we start this sacking of coaches stuff after 10 veey disrupted rounds, we become the Eels or Tigers. No thanks.

Last edited:
It's easy to forget because it has been 12 years but Hasler took 2 years to gradually build the team's playing style up to a point, where in 2005 they were competitive. They targeted certain players for the positions they needed and the culture grew & grew. Toove's kept it going and it lasted all the way thru until the end of 2014.

Some coaches can come into a club & have instant success (Bennett @ the Dragons 2009-2010, Robinson @ the Roosters 2013, Hasler @ the Dogs 2012 and now Bennett @ the Bronco's 2015-2016) however it usually takes several seasons to build the combinations.

Barrett was the best up & coming young coach available at the time. Cartwright has a tonne of experience & Seibold is very highly regarded. I'm not suggesting Barrett is a lay down as our long term coach but he should be given at least 2 seasons to show what he can do.

It's easy to forget because it has been 12 years but Hasler took 2 years to gradually build the team's playing style up to a point, where in 2005 they were competitive. They targeted certain players for the positions they needed and the culture grew & grew. Toove's kept it going and it lasted all the way thru until the end of 2014.

Some coaches can come into a club & have instant success (Bennett @ the Dragons 2009-2010, Robinson @ the Roosters 2013, Hasler @ the Dogs 2012 and now Bennett @ the Bronco's 2015-2016) however it usually takes several seasons to build the combinations.

Barrett was the best up & coming young coach available at the time. Cartwright has a tonne of experience & Seibold is very highly regarded. I'm not suggesting Barrett is a lay down as our long term coach but he should be given at least 2 seasons to show what he can do.
Please take that logical and reasonable point and GTFO!

I will always worry about any coach who brings in Brown but lets go Hiku, but he hasn't had enough time yet with a healthy squad.

Well we don't want to go after flash in the pan coaches like stewart, lol that's for sure. I am talking about coaches that rarely miss the 8. I am pretty sure there are plenty around here that would like tearing the heart and soul out of the dogs, storm or Brisbane.
Who is stewart . Is glen stewart coaching ? . Ohhh sorry mate do you me ricky Stuart.

Although we weren't an overnight success when Des took over, for those of us that remember there was a stark contrast in the cohesion and direction of the team from the Peter Sharp to Des Hasler era, it was obvious in the way we played.

And who said Barrett was the best up and coming coach available? The Penrith U20's won the GF the year after he left. In fact Penrith in the year before Trent Barrett coached them playing under Garth Brennan came 2nd in U20's, then Barrett took over they came 10th and missed the finals, Then Barrett left and Cameron Ciraldo took over and they came 1st.

That was what I based my opinion of Barrett on when I found out they were going to replace Toovey for this results driven new coach. That and also had information from a player that had played under Barrett at Penrith. Unfortunately guys Barrett is all show and no go.

Bozo has made a big mistake but I doubt they will admit it.

Anthony Griffin was available. Bennett has walked into his team at Brisbane.
He was my clear choice then and is still up there now.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4