We need Snake back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
A great game but watching it tonight I was waiting for Snake to wrap around the back of either Gifty or Foz and score but he wasnt there.
On the good news Hiku played a blinder and the bad news the Roosters will play in the Grand Final.
A 4-0 score shows there was nothing between us but both teams were not at there best but the game was the best one this season.
I just dont know how to feel about tonight game so I am going to kill the pain with JD now.

We miss Snake in attack more than any other team misses any other strike player. We would have scored at least a couple of tries tonight if he was on the field I reckon.

In saying that, Hiku had a great game, just not the attacking player Snake is.

SwornEagle said:
We miss Snake in attack more than any other team misses any other strike player. We would have scored at least a couple of tries tonight if he was on the field I reckon.

maybe not yet but from what we've seen i think he will become a great attacking weapon.

Hiku was my MOM at the game too.:angel:

He just needs to work on his timing, it will all come with more match time.
The acceleration of Snake, well that is not something we should expect from Peta :(

castle eagle said:
SwornEagle said:

maybe not yet but from what we've seen i think he will become a great attacking weapon.

I agree, if Hiku can play fullback week in week out he will grow into an awesome player. Brett is injured more often than he is not, the club are in a very difficult position in relation to a club legend here.

Ralphie said:
castle eagle said:
SwornEagle said:

I agree, if Hiku can play fullback week in week out he will grow into an awesome player. Brett is injured more often than he is not, the club are in a very difficult position in relation to a club legend here.
I am pretty sure Manly would have struggled to make the 8, if Brett Stewart did not play 17 games this season. Very few players have the attacking/defensive ability of Stewart at fullback.

Dont think he would have made a great deal of differance last night especially if he has an injury. The defense of the Roosters was just to good on the night and we made to many dumb handling errors to be win the game IMO.

IQofalimabean said:
Ralphie said:
castle eagle said:
SwornEagle said:

I am pretty sure Manly would have struggled to make the 8, if Brett Stewart did not play 17 games this season. Very few players have the attacking/defensive ability of Stewart at fullback.

I agree we probably can't expect to get more than 17 games out of him a year however it appears that the finals games need to be part of the 17

Here is a quote from over on the chookpen that sums it up pretty well-

"The manly no.1 did run 280 metres with the ball in his hands and made 6 tackle busts according to the stats. But for me, every time he got the ball I was just glad it was him and not Brett Stewart."

torana355 said:
Here is a quote from over on the chookpen that sums it up pretty well-

"The manly no.1 did run 280 metres with the ball in his hands and made 6 tackle busts according to the stats. But for me, every time he got the ball I was just glad it was him and not Brett Stewart."

Spot on and snake would have been in support when Wolfe made those long breaks

Exactly, and also when kieran collected Daly's chip, and when Jorge was in space and passed to Pearce. Hiku was great and safe, but isn't there backing up line breaks.

When I turned on the tv last night and heard there'd be no Snake it was incredibly dissappointing. Thought there goes the match. Ended up being very pleased with the brave effort by the players including young Hiku. We do need Brett though so please football gods return our Snake for next week. Obviously Tooves couldn't risk playing him last night as aggravating the injury could've ended his season. In Tooves we trust and now it's time to go shark fishing.

I think it's clear Manly is a better team with Snake playing. However as happy as I was with the way Peta played, the fact remains if he was the MOTM then we probably weren't going to win. For me it should have been one of the leaders or experienced players leading the way and having a blinder. Shouldn't have been our rookie fullback.

Jax24 said:
I think it's clear Manly is a better team with Snake playing. However as happy as I was with the way Peta played, the fact remains if he was the MOTM then we probably weren't going to win. For me it should have been one of the leaders or experienced players leading the way and having a blinder. Shouldn't have been our rookie fullback.
Agree 100%, with international halves and the best centre in the game we should have been able to manufacture some points last night, that being said our forwards were way too lateral so its hard for our backs to score points without our big men running hard and direct. Snake is a special player that can create a try from nothing even when our forwards or halves are having a bad game, he really is irreplaceable.

I think Peta has a touch of the "Benji's" about his running style when he just needs to pick his spot and run hard at the hole.

But he'll get there. I'm sure plenty of clubs would like him as their first choice fullback when we have the luxury of having him as the heir apparent.

Snake is a very smart player as well, its not only his speed which makes him so effective he takes advantage of numbers better than most. He knows the lines to run on those sweeping plays that puts the opposition under most pressure. Its cliffyesque the way he does it, he knows where the holes will be even before they present themselves.

Masked Eagle said:
Snake is a very smart player as well, its not only his speed which makes him so effective he takes advantage of numbers better than most. He knows the lines to run on those sweeping plays that puts the opposition under most pressure. Its cliffyesque the way he does it, he knows where the holes will be even before they present themselves.

Agreed - he leads the backline and directs play.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4