We were just awful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Ok, Chase and Cherry were good, but the rest of the team, well just awful. So many wrong options, looked disorganised, and out played by the Raiders.

Lets hope we can take some learning from that cause we certainly wont be taking much prize money.

The nines was a bit like a trial match tbh, and like 20/20 it doesn't really matter. Also, no use getting players injured in a trial match.

To me it's one of those games where it all went wrong, it's like a trial, you take any positive you can (we gave some good game time to Blair, Gutherson, Hasson etc), and then forget about it.

Very much awful. Maybe they enjoyed themselves a bit too much last night. Anyway, Satini and Blair look promising and just glad DCE's unscathed.

Saw some good signs for the regular NRL season. We seem to always start the season a little rusty in attack.
Some extra depth in the backs. Satini & Blair
I also thought Hasson did well. Looks stronger. We certainly will need him this year.
Jesse also looked a lot stronger than when we saw him at the beginning of last season. I think he will get a run in the firsts this year. Big enough to play prop IMO.

I think if we took foran instead of cherry we would have done a fair bit better. Foran playing straight and direct in this form of the game with his backup running and better short kicking game than cherry. But then again you could probably say that about a number of teams.

bones said:
Worst team of the entire tournament IMO. This tells me they only care about the NRL premiership, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Agree with you Bones, as I said when the team was selected bar a few of the backs, the others I would not have picked. I know some of their top 1st grade players are injured. But I would have then picked My next fasted and fittest players at the club, including some speedsters in the 20s. Its basically a game for your Fit, fast Outside Backs so you don't put your typical average running Props in there unless you were Lawrence who is both fit and has pace. Manly who are struggling financially, were not interested in the extra $$$$ which could help towards players contracts etc. It looked like they just wanted to give players a Fun Run, Disappointing !

Yeah weren't great. In a way it felt we didn't really care (and to be honest not surprised.)

It is funny how most of the NRL serious contenders bailed out in first round and the bottom 8 guys are winning.

The main thing is that DCE came through without injury (unlike Carney at cronulla).

I would like to have seen us make the quarters, as we were easily good enough. Whist I don't want to trade a good premiership tilt for a 9s title, I still like to see the Sea Eagles doing well at every opportunity.

I know it will never happen, but how great would it be to see the top teams all sending their best players? Our backline in 9s would be superb, imagine players like Inglis in the 9s?

Eagle Rock said:
bones said:
Worst team of the entire tournament IMO. This tells me they only care about the NRL premiership, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Agree with you Bones, as I said when the team was selected bar a few of the backs, the others I would not have picked. I know some of their top 1st grade players are injured. But I would have then picked My next fasted and fittest players at the club, including some speedsters in the 20s. Its basically a game for your Fit, fast Outside Backs so you don't put your typical average running Props in there unless you were Lawrence who is both fit and has pace. Manly who are struggling financially, were not interested in the extra $$$$ which could help towards players contracts etc. It looked like they just wanted to give players a Fun Run, Disappointing !

You keep stating that Manly are struggling financially. :dodgy:

Just how do you know this?

Have you been privileged to have been given the opportunity to examine their books to see their financial situation first hand or are you just going by what the media have mostly said in the past?

If it is the latter then it is all hearsay and if you have not examined their books then you have no physical proof of the matter that they are struggling financially and you are just furthering a whole lot of misinformation which you have no right to be spreading around for the media to feed off.

The last media report that I read about regarding Manly's financial situation stated that they had made a profit last year.

Click here to read the article.

Vidmar even created a thread here at Silvertails too.

Click here to read Vidmar's post and the rest of the profit making thread.

Who cares, I enjoyed watching some of the younger guys and seeing Beaver run around again

I thought Hiku looked great

Jethro said:
Eagle Rock said:
bones said:

You keep stating that Manly are struggling financially. :dodgy:

Just how do you know this?

Have you been privileged to have been given the opportunity to examine their books to see their financial situation first hand or are you just going by what the media have mostly said in the past?

If it is the latter then it is all hearsay and if you have not examined their books then you have no physical proof of the matter that they are struggling financially and you are just furthering a whole lot of misinformation which you have no right to be spreading around for the media to feed off.

The last media report that I read about regarding Manly's financial situation stated that they had made a profit last year.

Click here to read the article.

Vidmar even created a thread here at Silvertails too.

Click here to read Vidmar's post and the rest of the profit making thread.

Well maybe the Media is wrong, why is they are losing lots of their Juniors who are going to clubs who are paying more ???

Eagle Rock said:
Manly who are struggling financially, were not interested in the extra $$$$ which could help towards players contracts etc.

Extra dollars only helps if you are currently paying out less than the salary cap in total player remuneration.

Otherwise no prize money is going to assist us while we are constrained by a salary cap ceiling. (as all clubs are)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4