We were smashed but...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Despite some atrocious refereeing there is no doubt we were well beaten last night and the Bunnies are the real deal and should be favourites.But there a few things that make our mighty eagles still a great chance

I thought we showed great courage with our goaline defence last night,Our attitude can't be doubted.Only that ridiculous Starling penalty late in the game which gave them the ball for 5 minutes let the scoreline blowout a little.Many sides would have been done by 50.I love our commitment in the trenches,

We simply can't gift them so much possession.With their size it is suicide.In a big final we won't,I am sure of that.A few of those simple drops were just so out of character.

Steve Matai is so important in our left hand sweep plays.He is the man that straightens the attack.Without him we are too sideways and run out of room as was evident last night.

The result was we overplayed the right side,even when it was a very narrow short side.This came very predictable and easily defended.A fit Matai makes both sides potent

Finally there is the pressure factor.We know what happened last year.Will they cope with a GF? Big question mark.It is very important we maintain top 2 because that means if we win our semis we won't meet till the GF if they win their semis as I expect they will and I want to be on us in a pressure cooker like that.

Yes we need to win 3 of our last 4 to ensure a top 2 finish (and probably the minor premiership of course).

Which won't be easy as 3 games are away, two trips to QLD. (And all 4 of South's last games are in Sydney...lol)

As I've touched on elsewhere too, they had far more to play for and it showed.
The mental side of a team's effort is obviously so important, and come finals-time we know we can get the job done while they'll have that looming doubt in the back of the mind...(along with the pressure and expectation of FOURTY-THREE YEARS in the wilderness!)

I agree with you @susan and am just wondering if the inclusion of a fit, or close-to-fit Gifty (along with Matai of course) might just be the last little physical and psychological piece our puzzle needs?

I believe we can still lift and ultimately get the job done.

With Gift in the mix it might just be that bit more certain.

Puts the expectation focus on Souths and off us. There is a lot to play out in terms of injuries/suspensions in the next month, we've just got to keep motoring along and hopefully start the finals series in good shape.

Every man and his dog will make the vermin favourites, this is ok, we can fly under the radar.

It is important to heed the lessons of last night

BALL CONTROLL!!! it killed us last night.

GO FORWARD!!! No where near enough, damming stat is the homebush hairs ran over 500 meters more during the game.

We will learn a lot and take a lot from this loss. I have a feeling the Bunnies may have just played their Grand Final, while we are still building towards ours. Having said that..................PENALTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carting the opposition downfield. We have been doing it all year (Yes I know the refs are not always justified in giving them). We cannot keep doing this and winning!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6