We'll be better

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Here's a cheerful thought. Manly will be stronger this year than we were last year.

Everyone wants to focus on the losses, namely the coaching and support staff, Hoppa, Robbo and Rodney.

Those are negatives, in particular Hoppa, the number of times he featured on our 2011 highlights reel is impossible to ignore.

But the plusses – DCE goes into this year not as an untried rookie but as a Kangaroo, Foran will go to another level this year, T Rex will start the year with belief where in the past he probably had faith, Buhrer, Darcy and some other young guns will be busting their chops to seize every opportunity, plus the whole squad will be playing with the confidence and composure of champs without the complacency, given they feel they have a point to prove.

In addition, we have a bright new coaching team who will also be leaving no stone unturned to seize their opportunity. There will be very little complacency in the whole joint, and that is one of the main things that commonly derails defending champs, and often also even grand finalists.

The x-factor is injury, no-one can predict that.

On balance I expect we'll be a better team than last year, which does not guarantee wwe'll win but does guarantee we'll have plenty to cheer about in 2012, and it all starts tomorrow.

Go Manly!

No offence SER8. But i'm friggin sick of all this talk! I'm that keen to watch some footy in the morning!!!!! Doin me head in!

:)

Teams lift to play the premiers, that automatically makes the next season tougher. Also defending premiers can get a little comfortable with their achievements and don't raise the intensity in the preseason they did the year before. That being said, I hope thats not an issue for us, the most repeated comment I've heard from the players in the last 5 months has been that they didn't get to celebrate the premiership properly. If thats the case I'm hoping that means we don't have the associated hangover.

Bring it on!!!!!

Masked Eagle said:
Teams lift to play the premiers, that automatically makes the next season tougher. Also defending premiers can get a little comfortable with their achievements and don't raise the intensity in the preseason they did the year before. That being said, I hope thats not an issue for us, the most repeated comment I've heard from the players in the last 5 months has been that they didn't get to celebrate the premiership properly. If thats the case I'm hoping that means we don't have the associated hangover.

Bring it on!!!!!
Teams do lift when they play the premiers and they can all try and lift as high as they like but no other team can lift and fly as high as the Mighty SEA EAGLES .!!!

That is still a factor but much less so than in the past, due to the closeness of the comp. Pretty much every team feels they are in with a chance and go into every game planning to win. I can't recall too many games last year where our opponents were half-hearted.

If our team (and MWTS) have to endure the cold of England, then I'll endure the cold of Lismore at 6.45 am, namely early morning Tooheys.

Go Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7