Well done Bulldogs, but it's not over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Congrats to the bulldogs, game won fair and square. It should never have even come down to the final few minutes, the obstruction call was wrong.

Just an incredibly inept performance in attack, disgusting in fact. All game the Manly players were shallow and looked like their feet were nailed to the ground.

Where were the attacking raids from Foran in the second half? What was Cherry doing running around in circles?. Glenn Stewart and Jorge tried their hearts out but just no structure from the rest

It's simple. This on Toovey. If he is a potential premiership winning coach he has to look at the video and figure this out.

Manly are much better this and can definitely still win the premiership.

Perhaps too tough on Tooves. Losing Jamie really stuffed us up. It will be critical if he is out next week, with Matai on report. We'll have to retain Whare, bring in Oldfield and ?

Is it possible that Des told the Dogs players to lay down and grab their heads any time their hair got brushed in a tackle? There seemed to be an awful lot of faking. And a trend of holding Manly players down to milk penalties when Dogs were tackled.

We couldn't get any roll on. Too many errors. And the Dogs were allowed to lie in the tackle for what seemed like minutes. One of the slowest games for months.

Dogs finished their opportunities better than us. We had a lot of field position & possession in the 1st half but couldn't create score board pressure.

It was three tries to two without Jamie Lyon.

Am not getting too worried as I have known all week one team would win tonight and the other lose. Similar story next week I guess.

Did anyone notice just how shallow the team were in attack? What is up with that?. Very frustrating!.

NYEagle said:
Congrats to the bulldogs, game won fair and square. It should never have even come down to the final few minutes, the obstruction call was wrong.

pigs arse it was wrong...it was blatant obstruction.

bob dylan said:
It was three tries to two without Jamie Lyon.

Am not getting too worried as I have known all week one team would win tonight and the other lose. Similar story next week I guess.

True Bob but we had two tries disallowed

Yeah but thats all part of the game and I don't think even the most one eyed supporter would say either was a try. But once it goes to the video it's in the lap of he gods.

The Dogs were definitely better tonight, but it's not over for us yet, just as the Dogs haven't won the comp yet. Actually we are in the same boat as its sudden death now.

That obstruction was clear cut, no try

1 thing I did notice, is how slow the Dogs were to every scrum for the entire 80mins. Des must have been keen to shut it down

Also on scrums, every time we went short side, the bloody ref was in the way !!

Kiwi Eagle said:
That obstruction was clear cut, no try

1 thing I did notice, is how slow the Dogs were to every scrum for the entire 80mins. Des must have been keen to shut it down

Also on scrums, every time we went short side, the bloody ref was in the way !!

There is a different side to you come game day kiwi , you have your game face on

Just a below par performance. Dogs gained momentum in the 2nd half and took their chances which is the key in a arm wrestle battle. Physical tough game which was expected but they just played that much harder. Lyons exit was the turning point. However this season is not over with yet and the boys can bounce back. Finals footy is a rollercoaster ride, its not who hops on first but who stays on the longest lol.

bob dylan said:
Yeah but thats all part of the game and I don't think even the most one eyed supporter would say either was a try. But once it goes to the video it's in the lap of he gods.

The Dogs were definitely better tonight, but it's not over for us yet, just as the Dogs haven't won the comp yet. Actually we are in the same boat as its sudden death now.

True mate . Interesting to read the game time posts , when you lost Jamie Lyon was like the world caved in

barrack o barba said:
bob dylan said:

True mate . Interesting to read the game time posts , when you lost Jamie Lyon was like the world caved in

Yep there are two players all Manly fans agree we NEED on the field, Lyon and Snake. When we lose one of them we usually lose the game.

I think Manly might of won if Ennis didn't come back. While he was off the dummy half play from the Dogs was poor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7