Well done Hodges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has a real spark, only looks small, but shirked no tackles.

Well done Jayden, even though you are related to Justin you go alright!

He showed some excellent composure tonight, as did Gutho. Really looking forward to seeing them in the side more often. They certainly showed up some of the regulars.

Ran out of steam late but put in a solid effort. 40 + tackles and some nice passing from dummy half. Not the worst out there tonight by any stretch.

I mentioned in the game thread I liked the way the kid moved... Sharp and enthusiastic, nice clean passing from dummy half and he puts the ball nicely in front of the receiver effectively getting them moving along.

Defensively he didn't take a backward step: he may benefit from a few extra kilos to add a bit off oomph to his hitting but overall a good display in what was a disappointing effort by the team overall.

Chip and Chase said:
Ran out of steam late but put in a solid effort. 40 + tackles and some nice passing from dummy half. Not the worst out there tonight by any stretch.

I noticed the service was still sharp and he made a great tackle on Matt Scott in the 75th minute.

If im allowed to criticise, gutho held on to the ball a little too much in the set plays and hodges did a few silly runs from dummy half. However, both of them played brilliantly. I loved the crisp deliveries from hodges all night long and gutho got a beauty of a try

Sillybus said:
If im allowed to criticise, gutho held on to the ball a little too much in the set plays and hodges did a few silly runs from dummy half. However, both of them played brilliantly. I loved the crisp deliveries from hodges all night long and gutho got a beauty of a try

Completely agree with a few silly run selections from Hodges, but he looked promising while more experienced others around him should have been doing much better. He has the potential to be a great modern hooker.

HK_Eagle said:
Sillybus said:

Completely agree with a few silly run selections from Hodges, but he looked promising while more experienced others around him should have been doing much better. He has the potential to be a great modern hooker.

Rather ironic that a lot of posters on here wanted him on the bench to add more spark from dummy half. It just goes to show that it's selective running from dummy half that separates the men from the boys.
Please don't take this as a criticism of him, more of an observation.

He's only 20 and didn't shirk anything tonight...but as the Kenny Rogers song goes " You've gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em..."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4