We'll finish where we deserve to finish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SwornEagle

Reserve Grader
Seemed to be the phrase TB was throwing around before the 2016 season kickoff and f*&% me, it rang true throughout the season. So where does everyone think we'll end up at the end of the 2017 regular season, I reckon 7th or 8th and pretty much a non-contender in the finals, we're still a couple more years off.

Also, who's our International forward for 2017, that we we're told in the off season?

We are offering Nate Myles a lifetime contract like Cherry. 1.2 mil a season for the next 10 years. He deserves is future Manly captain and Immortal

I don't think we'll be finishing any better than we did this season. Even with another win or so I think the competition will be stiffer, and I think the eels and chooks, 2 of the 3 teams that finished below us, will both be top 8 teams next season. This season really was an awful one in terms of across the board quality. If we had 2016's points total in 2015 we'd have finished equal last.

Where will we finish in 2017?

Hopefully we'll finish with the boys singing the team song on the podium after winning the Grand Final.

Realistically I think we're capable of finishing somewhere in the top 8, but things will need to improve if we are to be true contenders.

Unfortunately though there are too many unknown factors at this stage to make an informed guess.
  • Will Snake and/or Skivy play?
  • Will we have a light or heavy injury run?
  • Who is there left to recruit?
  • Will Barrett have more control over the team than he appeared to in 2016?
All will be revealed in 2017. Stay tuned folks. Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

Very true Holden - there are currently a ton of unknowns for 2017. Not alot from what we've heard so far, gives me much confidence in a big step up from this season, but I'm hoping the boys can at least dig in for each other next season and make it to the finals. To make the finals 10 years straight and then miss the next 3 will be a woeful effort.

In a 'results driven business', if this was to occur, should the Penn's sell up as they'll well and truly be evaluated as not providing results - both on and off the field - especially if Brooky is still a shambles by seasons end.

If our recruits struggle again and injuries hit this is how we will finish

1: Canberra Raiders
2: Penrith Panthers
3: Melbourne Storm
4: Brisbane Broncos
5: North Queensland Cowboys
6: Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
7: Parramatta Eels
8: Gold Coast Titans
9: Sydney Roosters
10: New Zealand Warriors
11: Wests Tigers
12: Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
13: South Sydney Rabbitohs
14: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
15: St George Illawarra Dragons
16: Newcastle Knights

But realistically with out all the optimism I think 7-10 is where we should be around with the squad we have. If DCE doesn't stand up for us we will finish really low I fear. He needs to live up to the money he is getting.

I don't know how you can start predicting where we will finish until we at least know what the make up of our team will be.

There's still the mad October period to go ( loads of transfers ) , and the biggest question of the all, the fate of the 1.2 Million men!!

If we don't add a single player more and still have Skivvy / Snake ( injury prone and one of them possibly mentally past it) then I'd expect maybe a few spots higher than 2016.

But we aren't done yet, so let's have this thread again later in the year.

No serious injuries to our spine and we'll finish in the bottom half of the 8, maybe better if some of our young guns move to the next level. Serious injuries to those players and we'll be in a similar position to this year.

4th-7th for me

This season can range, it'll be an interesting one. I have faith in them but time will tell, we will know how we are doing by about rd 5 or so. It all depends on how much goes right for us, if Uate or other possible signings find their form and if the side play like one rather then a set of 17 individuals then we may well be at the pointy end of the ladder. If not then I don't wanna look

It's really hard to get a read on next year and how it's going to go because there's so many players left off contract and on the outer, quality players but with our current squad bottom half of top 8 would be good.

Also I think that international forward would be Suaia Matagi, Matulino or Sam Moa

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6