Well I thought it was a good idea

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Had a thought about penaltys while watching our win on Sunday. If a penalty is given say 5 meters in from touch the player taking the kick for line gets far less of an advantage than if it was awarded say 30 meters in from the sideline.

What would be the problem with allowing the kick for touch to be taken anywhere along the horizontal line from where the penalty was awarded.

get what you are saying but why not look a bit further at the bigger issues.

Subjective calls (bias, side of the bed, vision blocked etc) such as stripped and lying too long in the ruck give the same advantage as head highs, taking a player out without the ball etc. Bigger gap there in my opinion.

Needs to be just 6 again from a set start for these calls

There are so many much more important tweaks that could improve RL.
One glaring rule implementation must surely be introducing a 5-minute sin bin which would give refs options they don't currently have.

Has merit UP. I'd go 15 metres in though maybe not 30. ;) but I get your point.
What if it was at the other end.
Then the team awarded the penalty could just walk it into the centre of the field?
Say it's 18 all with 60 seconds to go. All of a sudden the attacking team gets a field goal shot from right in front opposed to a penalty conversion from the sideline.

I agree not a bad idea.
I would take all conjecture out and just say penalties are to be taken 10 mtrs the sideline (that could be more).

First penalty is six again and if the defence are penalised in the following set they get a player in the bin for five and either Six again or a penalty for the attacking team, should stop the slowing down penalties.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4