Well Local North side Fans: This is it!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
I'm putting it out there that if we don't get 15-16000 for today's game then the "local" fans don't deserve a premiership team, let alone local team!

Look at the reasons: 1st home game with Tooves and being premiers, long weekend so easy to get to and fans knowing we need to get as many through the gate for the revenue.

People have gone on and on about Brookie oval being tribal, locals won't travel but hey, if they won't travel 5km to Brookie today then they don't deserve this champion team!

I want to state I can see both sides. Yes, take us away and we lose our identity but when we hear the 6-7 figure losses each year then the business model is in big trouble.

Let's see how much our "local" fans care? How do I know, I saw fickle fans down here with the Steelers and those 10k fans every week lost their team (and they still whinge about it)

Its hard to disagree with anything you have said and I agree. If in the end it does result in Manly moving away from brookie, while i will understand the finances in such a move it would be a bitter pill for the group that turn up all the time, most of which are members and travel to away games. For those people there isnt much more they can do . I hope they dont do a zorba if it ever comes to that

-7pm kickoff when it should be 3pm being a public holiday. (This alone would guarantee almost a full house IMO.)
- coming off three straight losses.
-long weekend , many people will have gone away
- no Glenn Stewart, T Rex and Maybe Foran.
- don't expect too many Penrith fans to be there on a Monday night.

I'll be there!

I reckon 12000 or there abouts. Needs to be 18+ to help the club but as Bones said plenty of excuses not to go.Its not really a very attractive game if you've got limited funds to spend on football games.

I live in Bredbo & have to work tomorrow. If it had been a 3.00pm kickoff I would have made the trip, but it's just not a goer to be leaving Brookie at 9.00pm for a 5 hour drive.

While i understand all the pro's and con's, and I agree an afternoon game seems appropriate,what it will illustrate is local support of the eagles, which is what i thought the original post's point.

Testing disposable income after easter weekend may be a bigger obstacle than the time i would think as mick mentioned

But again easy for me to say from brisbane where i will attend very few games

All you northern beaches fans stop making excuses just turn up to the game , me and my cousin are born and breed it the eastern suburbs die hard manly fans who parade the manly colours and get abused but love it an turn up to every game no matter what .So show us how proud you are of been manly fans and turn up tonight.

falcon said:
All you northern beaches fans stop making excuses just turn up to the game , me and my cousin are born and breed it the eastern suburbs die hard manly fans who parade the manly colours and get abused but love it an turn up to every game no matter what .So show us how proud you are of been manly fans and turn up tonight.

I'm in Randwick mate... Where u from?

If there are 15-16k there I will be stunned. One positive is that it IS school hols so there should be plenty of families who have no commitments tomorrow (but a lot of those may have travelled away for these hols). I'll guess at around 11k but hope that there are a huge number more.

To say supporters don't deserve our team is just plain harsh :)

ManlyBacker said:
If there are 15-16k there I will be stunned. One positive is that it IS school hols so there should be plenty of families who have no commitments tomorrow (but a lot of those may have travelled away for these hols). I'll guess at around 11k but hope that there are a huge number more.

To say supporters don't deserve our team is just plain harsh :)

Mb its not like Darren or jace to make sweeping statements

I agree that I would hope for 15K+, but am not sure if we will get it.

Looking outside today the weather is near perfect, so no excuses about to cold or wet.

I did hear a rumour going around that it was near sold out, but don't beleive it.

I'll be wrapped for 13,000.

Yes, in a perfect world we would get more...but in a perfect world, this game would be on at 3pm and pack the place.

How the NRL keep missing the big moments for our game is beyond me.

The afl have a blockbuster game today. We have one of the most beautiful days for months and they keep it a 7pm kickoff.

A bit of foresight would have seen a game each timeslot over the whole weekend. Thursday night, Friday night, saturday 3pm, sat night, sun 3pm, sun night, mon 3pm, monday night. There would be 3 channel 9 games and 5 foxtel.

No clash, plenty of day games and everyone happy.

Let's hope the Independant Commission have more say over the scheduling than that goose we have now does.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6