Well said Erin Molan.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
Irrespective of your thoughts on channel nein, the footy show and their presenters, Erin Molan has bought me to tears with what she said about domestic violence earlier on in the show tonight.

Maybe someone could help me with a link to the footy show twitter/facebook account with what Erin said.

And congratulations Erin on your courage to speak up............!!

All domestic violence against men, women and children is completely unacceptable. And a zero tolerance policy needs to be taken not only by society but by the NRL for anyone found guilty of this behaviour.

Change happens when we actually take action and make the changes needed.....!

Irrespective of your thoughts on channel nein, the footy show and their presenters, Erin Molan has bought me to tears with what she said about domestic violence earlier on in the show tonight.

Maybe someone could help me with a link to the footy show twitter/facebook account with what Erin said.

All domestic violence against men, women and children is completely unacceptable. And a zero tolerance policy needs to be taken not only by society but by the NRL for anyone found guilty of this behaviour.

Domestic violence against anyone is completely unacceptable. Women, children and even men.

I heard a sickening statistic on the radio a few months back that one woman a week dies because of domestic violence in Australia. It made me question wether I live in the so called "Lucky Country".

We can do better than this Australia!

I think you said it better than erin, eagleheart. I think it's too soon to bring up semi's case publicly like she did. I reckon a breath needs to be taken before alluding publicly to a particular case. Which would've come in handy in snakes instance. Too many hasty comments do much damage. To me she only said what any sane mind already thinks. I preferred the sentiment in the wording of this thread. Well said.

As I said earlier this year in a similar topic, there are some things in life you don't need to be taught. Hurting other people is one of them.

There ARE things in life which I feel you just don't get the right to a second chance, and beating up on a family member is one of them (even worse when you're a 120kg giant smacking your 60kg wife about).

IMO, you get found out doing this you're gone from the game; and in my ideal world you're going to do serious time.

It is worth getting in the habit of speaking out against hidden violence like domestic abuse of all sorts because the power DV is trying to achieve is exposed and nullified when spoken aloud. The more incidental opportunities are taken like the footy show (however stiltingly) the sooner people will think twice before expressing their feelings with abuse.

Every bit helps. The specifics of individuals who are being investigated can be kept aside until a verdict is given but when the issue comes up as with the Radradra accusation it is an opportunity to speak up about the issue (not that particular case).

This honestly surprises me. I have known a lot of people over a lot of years (too many) from all walks of life, and from this quite wide circle of family, friends and distant acquaintances, I have never even heard of a case of domestic violence, quite apart from anyone being killed. Not saying its not true, just really surprised.
I would think the issue are those who do not feel safe enough to speak up

I think we all agree @TerryRandall that explicit reference to a case is dangerous territory.

My point is that this is a good time to speak out about the issue (ie. when DV comes up as a topic); and Erin Molan went to lengths last night to separate her comments from this instance before launching her say about DV.

As far as not having met anyone who has suffered abuse at home, this is a hidden issue and the ability to hide it is part of the continued control one has over another. Speak to someone working in the justice system or providing shelter to broken families and they will confirm this happens daily.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7