Weren't the rabbitohs helped across the line?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Despite them doing their best to lose it, the Rabbitohs got a lot of help from the ref in that game, but they have a win so that should let us concentrate on the real teams now

the ref had his green and red on too

Just like the Panthers were cruelled against the Eels. Unfortunately these days the referees are having too big an influence of the outcome of matches with incompetent decision making.

What is more disheartening is the lack of accountability and transperancy exhibited by Finch and his cronies. How are we supposed to have confidence in the officials when they aren't subject to public scrutiny or criticism. They should introduce a judiciary for the referees (including video refs) where they can be "charged" for poor performance and subsequently relegated if found guilty. At the moment it's a closed shop where everyone watches everyone elses back.

Absolutely agree, they need much more transparency about the ref's punishment etc. It is somewhat of a joke at the moment, and so many games have been about the ref more than the game and the players.

They seem to think that people go there to see the ref.

I was hopign Souths went through the seaosn without a win.  Didn't see the game so cant comment on the ref

Chip & Chase link said:
Just like the Panthers were cruelled against the Eels. Unfortunately these days the referees are having too big an influence of the outcome of matches with incompetent decision making.

What is more disheartening is the lack of accountability and transperancy exhibited by Finch and his cronies. How are we supposed to have confidence in the officials when they aren't subject to public scrutiny or criticism. They should introduce a judiciary for the referees (including video refs) where they can be \"charged\" for poor performance and subsequently relegated if found guilty. At the moment it's a closed shop where everyone watches everyone elses back.

We don't have enough quality refs as it is, putting in that will make the situation worse.

The call that annoyed me was giving Petero a try for that effort, yet denying Orford last week.

I though that the refs had their meeting and they go through all the trys from the round. They all would have seen Orfords and made a conclusion on it. So why a week later does the same try result in the opposite ruling.

Something needs to be done, not sure what, though.

Why are souths still in the competition?  Bring back the bears (and then maybe Manly can sign a 5/8 from them like Cliffy).

One semi decent year is all they have been able to offer since returning and ever since have been left at the bottom of the table.

Does anyone remember when they were last actually a decent side? Must have been very early 90's or 80's

They are useless and always will be they should have never been allowed back into the competition.

They were minor premiers in 1989 I think - they had a fair side Fenech, Blake, Coleman, Davidson & co - they lost two semis in row though and haven't fired a shot since (except last year coming 7th which is something you can't be too proud of).

I haven't seen many of their so called fabulous juniors coming through to first grade since they were readmited back into the competition. 

Most of their players seem to be imports from other clubs and there doesn't appear to be any locals in NSW cup pressing for first grade.

Maybe Rusty and Ian Roberts have get all the good juniors into acting now instead of playing football?

Maybe with their acting talents they are all playing soccer?

All their good juniors go these days are islanders, & they have a team full of them on the grounds of decorum I wont elaborate further.

Tookey - OK Cliffy was a great but the other 5/8s we got off the bears are nothing to right home about - Luke Dorn, mitchell Cox jyst to name 2.

The Wheel link said:
All their good juniors go these days are islanders, & they have a team full of them on the grounds of decorum I wont elaborate further.

Tookey - OK Cliffy was a great but the other 5/8s we got off the bears are nothing to right home about - Luke Dorn, mitchell Cox jyst to name 2.

Hopefully the recent trend doesn't continue though - Kieran Foran is a Bears junior.

As was Groomy for that matter I believe?

Point of Order - there is a difference between a spelling mistake (illitrate) and a typo.

The Wheel link said:

I don't know what you are complaining about.

Most teams never get a 5/8 as good as cliffy ever so you had to take Dorn and Cox just to make up the averages. 

If Dorn was a Norths junior then he should have been a fullback because he had the unique tackling style of so many Norths fullbacks.   The Mal McLachlan windmill style.

The Foran brothers were talents for several years when they played for the bears.  Not sure what the Manly latent scouts were doing when they didn't sign Liam up before the storm did. 

Maybe we like to let other teams develop them and then we can buy them back for 5 times the price we could have paid for them originally?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4