Wesser, Burgess out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
According to the DT wesser and burgess are out replaced by 2 debutants, kane morgan to wing, merrit to fullback, and peats in for burgess.

Burgess ruled out of Manly clash

Posted March 30, 2011 13:42:00
Sam Burgess is hoping to make his return next week.

South Sydney back rower Sam Burgess will have to wait at least another week before making his return from injury, after the Englishman was ruled out of Friday night's NRL clash with Manly in Gosford.

Rabbitohs coach John Lang on Tuesday named Burgess in his side to face the Sea Eagles, raising hope the big forward could make an earlier-than-expected return after injuring his troublesome shoulder in the opening-round loss to Sydney Roosters.

But Burgess will be given more time to recover, with full-back Rhys Wesser to also miss Friday's game with a hamstring problem.

"It would have been good to have him back but we knew it was only a question mark as to whether we'd have him back," captain Roy Asotasi said of Burgess.

"We weren't expecting him back for another three weeks so we'd rather just let Sammy be 100 per cent rather than half guessing if he's right or not."

Asotasi was hopeful Burgess could be right for the following week, as Souths are in the same boat as many clubs and are already battling a hefty injury and suspension toll.

"I'm hoping so, we've been pretty unlucky but the injury toll at all clubs has been pretty bad," Asotasi said.

"We're hoping that whoever comes into the side can do the job."

Winger Nathan Merritt is the leading candidate to fill in for Wesser at the back, while Test and Queensland veteran Michael Crocker will most likely move into the starting side for Burgess.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/30/3177742.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=187198.msg328695#msg328695 date=1301457385]
Hope Snake can give Crocker a nice hit or two, soften the cat up.

Hahahaha so true. I'd Love to see Matai knock him unconscious.

Let someone who's knees are not sticky taped together do it. 
[/quote]

If it doesnt happen just replay the 08GF couple of mins into the 2nd half.

Choc & Matai launched into Crocker and look on his face from that point to the end of the game is very special. They got the penalty but it was well worth it.

Shame Matai isn't playing - perfect game for a return - statement hit on Crocker the grub.

Maybe Kite can measure him up again???

Go Kitey - I know you read here - here's to you putting one on Crocker's chin mate. Go in Silvertails stylez.

Crocker is no longer the 'feared' player that he once was. Sure he's still a grub but I don't rate him as any sort of concern. He'll be bashed when he carts it up and I'm tipping G Stewart puts on a few bell ringers.

South Sydney Rabbitohs to unveil rising stars Kane Morgan and Nathan Peats in blockbuster clash with Manly Sea Eagles James Hooper From: The Daily Telegraph March 30, 2011 1:25PM Toyota Cup ...

THE latest two products off the famous South Sydney junior production line are set to debut for the Rabbitohs in Friday night's blockbuster against Manly.

Speedster Kane Morgan and backrower Nathan Peats will be tossed into the Bluetongue Stadium cauldron against the Sea Eagles, replacing injured duo Rhys Wesser and Sam Burgess.

Morgan has long been held in high regard at the Rabbitohs after proving a prolific pointscorer in Toyota Cup and will slot in on the right wing, with Nathan Merritt moving to fullback.

Peats is the son of former Souths and bulldogs hooker Geordi Peats and will start from the bench. He captained the Rabbitohs' Toyota Cup last year.

Michael Crocker to move into the starting pack.

Wesser has been ruled out with a hamstring strain, while Burgess has a shoulder problem.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/south-sydney-rabbitohs-to-unveil-rising-stars-kane-morgan-and-nathan-peats-in-blockbuster-clash-with-manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frexnr-1226030739117

'The famous South Sydney production line"  wtf?  Since when?  They're in the market as much as anyone these days.

DSM5 link said:
'The famous South Sydney production line\"  wtf?  Since when?  They're in the market as much as anyone these days.

Yeah, Burgess, Taylor, Asotasi, Crocker, Inglis, Sandow, Ben Ross all juniors lol.

Will never forgive or forget Crocker hit on Stewart. Hope our boys smash him legally every time he gets the ball.

Excellent WAMF, I reckon G Stewart will belt Crocker. I will never forgive Crocker for that illegal hit on Brett in that GF loss.
Crocker needs and deserves a really good belting this weekend.

Elbow to the skull is not illegal
Nah you can lead with elbow and put on a big dog shot
Matai done that and he wouldnt play again
That **** does it and gets an aussie jersey,great way
to show the kids what to do

Actually shame Wesser is out he is a liability for them, always worth a try or two.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6