We've got Cherry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
MANLY chief operating officer David Perry on Friday expressed his relief Daly Cherry-Evans is likely to stay on the club’s books until 2015.
He took time out to reveal to the Manly Daily why it took so long to secure the halfback’s services.

Read the full article

You do realise this contract was likely to be drawn up either this morning or last night so there is alot of red tape not only with player managers but the NRL itself to get it over the line.

The line "Find a pen" is getting pretty old, as Perry said it's not a simple process.

Thats a bit disappointing really..

I mean what are the numpties going to complain about now??

I spose there is always Foran or Lussick to whine about....

Perry has the pen..i sent it to him...just waiting for the correct contract to use it on.....then he will still have some ink left for the others.
Des may have stole our pens, chairs, cups and people but he didnt steal our heart and passion....no one can take that from us.....Look out sharks, you guys are F@#ked Monday night

lsz said:
Likely does not mean he has signed

Exactly. We've heard "likely to sign" before with other prospective signings that have gone the other way. No getting excited for me until he is actually signed.

True words from our CEO that these things take time.

The best part of the article for me was that focus will now turn to retaining the likes of Kieran Foran, Tony Williams, the Stewart brothers and David Williams, perhaps only when thats finalised there will be no more freeken what ifs......

Jethro said:
lsz said:

Exactly. We've heard "likely to sign" before with other prospective signings that have gone the other way. No getting excited for me until he is actually signed.

Come on. The club gets criticised for not sharing information and now, when it does report some positive news there are people saying the news is not positive enough.
I think the club is doing a good job. We should be grateful we have assembled such a champion bunch of players, and know that we have a realistic chance of being premiers again. There's only a few clubs that could hope for this. Most are grateful when they get close to making the eight.

the mauler said:
lsz said:

Have you ever posted anything positive????? Just asking......

Plenty but choose not to buy into the spin on things like this

Lets face facts everyone is pushing their own agenda via the media

Manly are trying to appease fan backlash, Orr is trying to put public pressure to get the best price for his client

Until i see the offical statement i will call bull**** on things like this

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
lsz said:
the mauler said:
lsz said:

Have you ever posted anything positive????? Just asking......

Plenty but choose not to buy into the spin on things like this

Lets face facts everyone is pushing their own agenda via the media

Manly are trying to appease fan backlash, Orr is trying to put public pressure to get the best price for his client

Until i see the offical statement i will call bull**** on things like this

So your saying the club signed DCE to appease angry fans,and not because hes a star they want to keep? LOL.....

Cant see how re-signing a gun young player is "pushing an agenda".

No mate, he is saying the article is to appease fans.

The title says "we've got cherry" when you read the article it clearly says that we don't have cherry but are hopeful he will sign.

Lsz is clearly saying he won't get too excited until it is fact and not a suggestion he may sign

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8