What a Blue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
Just came across this clip, brought back some great memories as I can remember actually being at the game.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a44_1253951437[/code]

I was there. My girlfriend of the time didn't go to another game for about ten years!! Was brutal and made the one a few weeks ago look like a kiddy fight. That fight hurt us much more than Newtown. Randall was sent off with Bowden. They started playing football long before we settled.

We were right in the comp that year but this put us out and gifted the slime their first Premiership. I still reckon we would have gone close, having drawn with them 28 all at Cumberland the week before.

And beat Parra by about 21-12 at Brookvale. Maxy was the goalkicker as Eadie was injured.

Watched that semi from the top deck of the Bradman Stand. Clearly remember Broadhurst and Bowden going for it. I certainly was pissed off at the end!

I was on my way back from UK for this semi.
But a Korean Airlines over ran the runway in Manila just as we were about to board and we couldnt take of for a few days - Bah Humbug!:mad:
(The Passengers from the Korean Flight looked like they had been in the melee, but no one was killed.)

I love the Biff and this would be right up there with the Fibros in the 70's.

That isn't biff thats cowardice, look at that merkin hitting a guy who's on the ground repeatedly in the head, complete filth

The Eagle said:
That isn't biff thats cowardice, look at that merkin hitting a guy who's on the ground repeatedly in the head, complete filth

The same could possibly be said for Lussick.

Was on the hill and as soon as I saw Randall retaliate, I knew our season was over. Knew he'd be sent off and even if Manly won would be suspended for the GF. We needed him more than any player. Newtown saw they had little hope of winning without the fight, but their tactic only got them one game further, and killed any chances of them winning the comp.

What happened to Broadhurst that day was criminal in my eyes.

Interesting to read that Joe Cool, John Dorahy, went into that game with the same injury as Darren Lockyer. Depressed fracture of the cheekbone. He too had an operation in the lead up to the game, but they didn't use titanium plates to provide strength back then. I remember him saying in the following days that he did his best to keep away from any fighting. Now we know why.

WAMF said:
The Eagle said:

The same could possibly be said for Lussick.

Lussick had got dog shotted himself, hardly the same and a pox on you sir

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8